Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's face it...Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Nassib & Glennon are all in play at 8.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Every NFL QB was a college QB at some time? Where are we supposed to get one-magic?
    The Bills already have a QB.......

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    not a franchise QB who can make all the throws.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    One of those college quarterbacks will soon be the Bills quarterback...
    Didn't you say Gabbert was going to be picked by the Bills at 3?

Smith and Barkley yes - but the only way Glennon or Nassib become the Bills QB is if they make it to the 2nd round - I hope they don't, as I don't want either one - Glennon is Foles and Nassib is Stanzi(actually Stanzi was more impressive during his college career).
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

This really has to stop with you. Your Fitz crusade has to stop.

The Packers had a quarterback when they drafted Rodgers.
    The Patriots had a quarterback when they drafted Brady.
    The Giants had a quarterback when they drafted Manning.
    The Chargers had a quarterback when they drafted Rivers.

Do you want me to keep going?

My point is that "having a quarterback" doesn't keep teams from drafting a better one. Fitz isn't good enough. He needs to be (and will be) replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Didn't you say Gabbert was going to be picked by the Bills at 3?

Smith and Barkley yes - but the only way Glennon or Nassib become the Bills QB is if they make it to the 2nd round - I hope they don't, as I don't want either one - Glennon is Foles and Nassib is Stanzi(actually Stanzi was more impressive during his college career).
    I've admitted I was wrong about that one, but so were many others. Thanks for singling me out.

Geno and Barkley are in play at 8 or a trade up from 8. To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    I say this because, at worst, all of these QB's will be gone before our 2nd round pick @ #41. Therefore, because there is no guarantee that we would find a trade partner, we have to be prepared for the likelihood that one of these guys will be taken with our first pick.

I am holding to the belief that if Smith or Barkley falls to #5 the Bills will make a play for them, potentially surrendering at least their 2nd round pick- maybe more. However, if the Bills are unable to land either QB, I think they will stay put and take the next best QB on their board.

Personally, out of Wilson, Glennon and Nassib, FOR THE BILLS, I think the next best QB would be Ryan Nassib, based on arm strength, leadership skills, and familiarity with scheme. I would be ok with this because, not only do we get a guy that can start Day 1 (and a guy that alot of teams will want to trade back into the 1st round for), but the Bills are able to hold onto their remaining draft picks to focus on LB and WR.

But whether the pick is Smith, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, I am starting to think no matter what it has to be a QB at #8...It's just too important to take the risk.

Discuss

This is an excellent point! You nailed everything....so what's to discuss? Lol. I totally agree...I would probably shoot for something different, like WR or LB at 8, but given you case & point, I'm agreeing.

This is not only Baad....but it's just plain sad. Smh at your way of thinking

If they're all in play for us, then I don't think we'd have a problem because one of them WILL fall to us in the second if we want him... I'm not buying the Nassib hype for one
    Post-Combine Mock 3/8
    1. Jarvis Jones, OLB
    2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR
    3. B-QB-A: Barkley, Nassib, Bray, Manuel, Wilson...
    4. Jon Bostic, ILB
    5. Matt Scott, QB
    6. Aaron Mellette, WR

This really has to stop with you. Your Fitz crusade has to stop.

The Packers had a quarterback when they drafted Rodgers.
    The Patriots had a quarterback when they drafted Brady.
    The Giants had a quarterback when they drafted Manning.
    The Chargers had a quarterback when they drafted Rivers.

Do you want me to keep going?

My point is that "having a quarterback" doesn't keep teams from drafting a better one. Fitz isn't good enough. He needs to be (and will be) replaced.
    Lmao....CTFU.... "this really has to stop with you" part lol

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
    Lmao....CTFU.... "this really has to stop with you" part lol
    I'm sorry, it's just inexplicable how Fitz still has supporters after he has sabotaged three seasons in a row. I know football is a team game, but Fitz has also almost single handedly thrown games away too. Like I've said, I think I would love to hang with Fitz, but as a quarterback he's just plain terrible.

Smith & Barkley will definitely be gone by the 9th pick.....I think Nassib & Glennon's stock will fade some and they'll fall to the early 2nd round.....I don't know where Tyler Wilson would fall?....maybe late 1st round....who knows what Clev. & Ariz will do re: qb's?
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ". Martin Luther King

I've admitted I was wrong about that one, but so were many others. Thanks for singling me out.

Geno and Barkley are in play at 8 or a trade up from 8. To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.
    I also wanted QB Blaine Gabbert in a bad way, not going to lie, he was everything you could ask for... size, big arm etc., sometimes it doesn't matter if you can't translate that to the NFL but it's not a reason to avoid a QB either. I Would be thrilled at any of those QB's at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    Smith & Barkley will definitely be gone by the 9th pick.....I think Nassib & Glennon's stock will fade some and they'll fall to the early 2nd round.....I don't know where Tyler Wilson would fall?....maybe late 1st round....who knows what Clev. & Ariz will do re: qb's?
    I expect KC and Arizona to get a quarterback in FA. I think there is a real chance both Barkley and Geno are there at 8, unless someone moves up. I agree with your premise though. I think both guys have a very good chance at being gone by 9. We are definately in the market for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    I also wanted QB Blaine Gabbert in a bad way, not going to lie, he was everything you could ask for... size, big arm etc., sometimes it doesn't matter if you can't translate that to the NFL but it's not a reason to avoid a QB either. I Would be thrilled at any of those QB's at #8.
    I fell into that trap as well. Haha! That's why I don't even bother including the Stepford quarterback, Tyler Bray...

I fell into that trap as well. Haha! That's why I don't even bother including the Stepford quarterback, Tyler Bray...
    Yeah Bray seems like an absolute mess, he may turn out alright with a team with a franchise QB already in place, a solid veteran leader who can help him get his act together but not here, that would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    FA QB's are pathetic this year...Matt Moore looks like the "best one". A. Smith will prob. be traded to a contender... Vikes ?? Barkley and Smith will be gone in the first 6...that leaves only the crap and only desperate teams will pick a QB in the 1st. after those 2 are gone.

FA QB's are pathetic this year...Matt Moore looks like the "best one". A. Smith will prob. be traded to a contender... Vikes ?? Barkley and Smith will be gone in the first 6...that leaves only the crap and only desperate teams will pick a QB in the 1st. after those 2 are gone.
    You are literally the ONLY person I've seen saying Smith will go to the Vikings. I'm not sure where you're getting this. If I had to guess, I would see him going to KC or Arizona. That would eliminate one of them in the "top two qb" race on draft day. Nick Foles and a few others are also on the trading block. If a qb needy team wants a quarterback and still go after a lineman in the first bad enough, they will be out of the qb derby as well. It really is shaping up that Buffalo has a very good chance to get a quarterback in the top 8, assuming they don't trade up to get their guy...

If they are all gone by the 2nd round, then there will be some really good players available for Buffalo to choose from in other positions.

You are literally the ONLY person I've seen saying Smith will go to the Vikings. I'm not sure where you're getting this. If I had to guess, I would see him going to KC or Arizona. That would eliminate one of them in the "top two qb" race on draft day. Nick Foles and a few others are also on the trading block. If a qb needy team wants a quarterback and still go after a lineman in the first bad enough, they will be out of the qb derby as well. It really is shaping up that Buffalo has a very good chance to get a quarterback in the top 8, assuming they don't trade up to get their guy...
    To Baad's credit, I did see something recently on ESPN, I believe nfl live about Smith and the Vikes bein a good match.

I have to ask Baad a question, what do you and the Fitzpatrick family usually do at Christmas time?

Full disclosure, I love Fitz. I wish he succeeded desperately. I don't think he's as bad as posters on the board make him out to be, but he can't carry a team on his shoulders. He will never be a winning QB without a great team around him... that's the unfortunate truth; as much as he's a guy I want to root for. Buffalo is an underdog city so we love the underdog, and that's what Fitz is.

Enough, we need a legit QB. This QB class is strong, not weak, unlike what everyone says. It's strength lies in its depth. More than a handful of these guys are legit 1st or 2nd round talent. We have a bunch of QBs who were victims of circumstance. No perfect storms in the college QB season like a couple years ago with Cam or near-perfect storms like with luck and RGIII last year. This year we have some QBs who dealt with circumstances, often strange ones, they were dealt. Barkley, Wilson, and Nassib are the three that dealt with the biggest ones, but several others had their own.

Just because there were no perfect storms this year, it doesn't mean that if these guys are placed on our surprisingly talented team that they won't find the same immediate success many of the other rookie QBs had over the last couple years.

I think it's too early to be backing off on your Gabbert pick.

Year 1: 50.8%, QBR 65.3, 12 TD/11 Ints
    Year 2: 58.3%, QBR 77.4, 9 TD/6 (partial year)

I see improvement - even though he's on a very bad team.
    Two or three years from now, the words Gabbert & bust may not always be used in the same sentence.

If the Jags as a team improve - and his pocket awareness improve, he may become a pretty solid QB.

(I'm still glad we took Dareus)