Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

He couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick yet people think thisis a great move?

I dont get it at all, unless this is there "veteran" QB insurance policy. I think this means it is MORE likely they cut Fitz.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricejunior2 View Post
    Fitz is going to beat out Jackson. Apparently Jackson didnt do enough to warrant even a spot on the active roster once last year
    you're forgetting who the HC was

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    you're forgetting who the HC was
    true, but if there was a chance that it could have possible made the team better, wouldnt you have made the move knowing that your job was on the line?

Gailey's love affair with Fitz was a head scratcher. Marrone clearly doesn't have as high an opinion of him, and for good reason. I can only hope we cut him before his roster bonus.

***?? Although this coaching staff might actually let him play a series or two to see if he's worth keeping.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

The NFL's Siberia. Irrelevant franchise!
    Quote Originally Posted by BataviaBillsFan View Post
    "...and Henry cuts upfield for a gain of 9 kids...er...YARDS!"

He was never given a chance with Gailey....who knows what he can do. I'm betting Fitz is gone soon, and we pick up a rookie qb and maybe sign another veteran in FA..

It's a long way between now and the end of the trade deadline (Week 6?) and at least one team will end up having to scramble for a backup QB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TJ + Fitz + a Rookie on the 53 man roster, with Corp on the PS.

If a Team needs a decent backup - Buddy will be looking to trade 'x', even if it's just to get that 7th back.

yeah bc having competition for the qb spot between him fitz and a rookie sounds like an awful idea.....

To be the man you gotta beat the man...

Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Cyril Richardson

I personally think resigning T-Jax is a sign Fitz may be gone. I think if Fitz was definitely staying, T-Jax would be the first player cut. We are definitely drafting a QB and may even bring one in from FA.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

Signing a strong armed QB to try and get Fitz out of B-lo is a bad move how?
    @JJGauna Sack Artist
    Welcome to Buffalo Sammy Watkins!!

Adopt-a-Bill 2014: CJ Spiller

Quote Originally Posted by Cin4theBills View Post
    He was never given a chance with Gailey....who knows what he can do. I'm betting Fitz is gone soon, and we pick up a rookie qb and maybe sign another veteran in FA..
    What's the worst Jackson could do - 4 wins, 5 ? Is that much different than 6 wins with Fitz ? And Fitz making that huge bank while not delivering much on the field.

It's all about accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by JJGauna View Post
    Signing a strong armed QB to try and get Fitz out of B-lo is a bad move how?
    Strong Arm but he's a turnover machine. Didnt get the job done in Sota which is why the Vikes took a chance signing on signing Favre. Had the starting job in Seattle and didnt do anything with it. So all in all he may be better than Fitz but not much better.

Only way you validate this is if we still draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. If we pass on a QB again because of this.....ill jump off a cliff!

Marrone's base for his offense is the west coast system. T-Jax ran it in Minnesota. So he already knows the terminology.

Cutting Fitz would only save about 450k so it makes no sense to cut him from a financial stand point.

I see no downside to this. I still want one of our first two picks to be a QB, but I have no issue with having these two in the mix. If the happen to like Corp, and we get a rookie, we will cut one then.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Burp View Post
    What's the worst Jackson could do - 4 wins, 5 ? Is that much different than 6 wins with Fitz ? And Fitz making that huge bank while not delivering much on the field.

It's all about accountability.
    No, the worst Jackson could do is zero wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    No, the worst Jackson could do is zero wins.
    we signed him for same money Thipgen was making! Expect Thipgen to be released tomorrow... That is nothing to do with Fitz. He will be here if he takes a pay cut! if not he is gone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mauricejunior2 View Post
    Strong Arm but he's a turnover machine. Didnt get the job done in Sota which is why the Vikes took a chance signing on signing Favre. Had the starting job in Seattle and didnt do anything with it. So all in all he may be better than Fitz but not much better.

Only way you validate this is if we still draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. If we pass on a QB again because of this.....ill jump off a cliff!
    He single handedly beat the Bills when Farve was knocked out of the game.He's a stud.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Quote Originally Posted by bdietze View Post
    we signed him for same money Thipgen was making! Expect Thipgen to be released tomorrow... That is nothing to do with Fitz. He will be here if he takes a pay cut! if not he is gone!!!
    DId i miss this somehow, I didn't read it in the article, how do you know this?

And we are not going to release Thigpen, he is a Free Agent. Kinda puts to serious doubt the point of your post.
    Last edited by DarylLamonica; 02-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    He couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick yet people think thisis a great move?

I dont get it at all, unless this is there "veteran" QB insurance policy. I think this means it is MORE likely they cut Fitz.
    How dumb are you people? He was traded for 2 days before the finial preseason game. How in the hell can he beat out a guy who was in a system threw 3 training camps. Yeah your right Jackson is a loser he could not beat out Fitz with having a whopping 8 days in the system

My take is that they don't see a guy in this draft that is ready to start day one.So while I think they will draft a QB I don't think it will be at 8 and I am fine with that.I think we go QB in the second.