Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: QB Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Who did Tjax compete with in Minn. I thought he was the starter, but big holes in his stats. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by PA BILLS FAN View Post
    I see an infraction coming. Be careful what you say clown.
    Be careful with that sense of humor of yours. You might lose it.

(courtesy of DIESEL-USMC)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    Be careful with that sense of humor of yours. You might lose it.
    Big words from a "little" man.

who cares he is at best a mediocre QB who will win you 4-7 games a year not much better then fitz
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

[QUOTE=Schmuggs;6682349]And which category do you fall under? Id say a trolling whiner. Go back under your rock.[/

Oh no, I am so hurt. We've got a 40% here folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lewbowski9090 View Post
    Who did Tjax compete with in Minn. I thought he was the starter, but big holes in his stats. Anybody know?
    Wasn't it the venerable Gus Ferotte? Or was Favre there by then?
    Billsmod favorite poster award 2009.

Big words from a "little" man.
    I can see how you might have trouble with two-syllable words. Nice use of the quotation marks as well.

I can tell you're a winner and you probably wear nice shoes.

I can see how you might have trouble with two-syllable words. Nice use of the quotation marks as well.

I can tell you're a winner and you probably wear nice shoes.
    Before I keep needling you, are you Louie from W. Bell and N. 51st Ave? If not, my apologies? And if you are, you DO know I wear nice shoes.

This had potential to be a humorous thread. Sorry, OP. I guess wrong place, wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by lewbowski9090 View Post
    Brad Johnson was there in 2006. Don't remember who was there in 2007 and 2008. Brett Favre in 2009 and 2010.
    I remember Charlie Whitehurst being in the mix in Seattle when TJax signed there.
    Last edited by StevieStyles; 02-15-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Adopt a Bill 2014-2015: Jake Dombrowski

Before I keep needling you, are you Louie from W. Bell and N. 51st Ave? If not, my apologies? And if you are, you DO know I wear nice shoes.
    No. I just get people. It's a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by slaphappy View Post
    Wasn't it the venerable Gus Ferotte? Or was Favre there by then?
    Favre, Joe Webb and Sage Rosenfels

Fitz gets a roster bonus in March? Correct me if I am wrong, seems like espn made it sound like 3 mil?

On a different note, I did think Fitz would be cut already. I am starting to think he is now going to be the Chris Kelsey. The moral team leader.
    Last edited by lewbowski9090; 02-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.

No. I just get people. It's a gift.
    Dude I am sorry. You even post like him. He moved out there about 6 years ago but I don't remember his user name. Thought it was you. My bad. And the "little" had meaning. Louie is only 5'1" tall. Can't hardly see to drive. Weighs about 250.

Dude I am sorry. You even post like him. He moved out there about 6 years ago but I don't remember his user name. Thought it was you. My bad. And the "little" had meaning. Louie is only 5'1" tall. Can't hardly see to drive. Weighs about 250.
    Dude, I'm kidding. It's Louie.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmoorman4jesus View Post
    Hard to say
    No, its not hard to say. Jackson is TERRIBLE. He has a big arm, and has years (not success) in a West Coast offense. Im fine with him as a back up, but if the season starts with him as the QB, it will be another long season that'll be over in early November.

Tjax would be a good back up or starter for the rookie QB once Fitz is vamoose. He worked with AP, so he does hand the ball off really well

Keep in mind that TJackson has WON the starting job on two different NFL teams......has a new coaching staff in place with a West Coast Offense......and he has pretty much been playing in that system his whole NFL career........

But there are other things to consider as well......

- I think the bills really like Ryan Nassib.....but not at 8.....and bringing back T Jackson gives them a starter (and possibly Ryan Fitzpatrick as a backup) and allows the bills to try to draft Nassib in the 2nd round and let him sit. If they cut Fitz later then Nassib is your backup which is fine as well........

- The cuts of Jones, Barnett, and Mgee leave holes that could realistically be replaced at 8......and give the bills options depending on who falls to 8 without having to reach or trade up.......a WR, Ogletree, or Milliman are all realistic options at 8

Quote Originally Posted by nateodoms'bff View Post
    No, its not hard to say. Jackson is TERRIBLE. He has a big arm, and has years (not success) in a West Coast offense. Im fine with him as a back up, but if the season starts with him as the QB, it will be another long season that'll be over in early November.
    For everybody so gung ho on Jackson being the Man compared with Fitz, let's stop a second and take a look at some history.

Here are their career stats:

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT

FITZ
    73 1,338 2,249 59.5 14,336 6.37 92 98 81 23 - 76.8

TJax
    51 625 1,053 59.4 7,075 6.72 38 71 35 15 - 77.7

Fitz has a better TD/INT ratio than Jackson. Fitz has a higher completion percentage than Jackson (barely.) Jackson has a higher QB rating than Fitz (barely.) Fitz has twice as many total yards thrown as Jackson. Jackson has a slightly higher average yards thrown.

Their stats are about as similar as you can find.

So, for people all gung ho on TJax being so much better than Fitz that we should CUT Fitz.... well, I just don't see it.

Obviously, Jackson would be frustrated in not getting a chance to play but he's a professional and he's not gonna air those frustrations out in the open. They've given him a one-year deal for $4.5 million which is a bit much if they just assumed he's gonna wind up at the bottom of the depth chart again. He's gonna get a serious chance.