Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Smart Buddy, draft Cordarrelle Paterson @ 8

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

the truth bills fans if the qbs this year are not that good i hope we dont reach for one i want the bills to get there franchise qb as bad as anyone but lets not reach for one we need to pick another explosive player like paterson if he is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by harky8307 View Post
    They allow you to wear t-shirts at the combine while on official business?

Just the opposite, that's what makes the bet intriguing!

Patterson intrigues the hell out of me. Watching his videos I am in awe of his ability with the ball in his hands. I just need to see more from him from a resume standpoint to say he's someone I want at #8.

Keenan Allen is the best wr I've witnessed in the Pac-12 since Desean Jackson and in a completely different way. Allen might not blow people away with workouts or speed etc, but I still think he's the best WR in the draft and "safest" choice if he were to be a top 10 pick.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Just the opposite, that's what makes the bet intriguing!

Haha, well played.
    "At Alabama, we stop the run first and then we defend the pass, I live for 4th-and-inches, I live for it."
    -Marcel Dareus

man i just finish lookong at more patterson highlights and that kid is going to be real good in the nfl.I all take him with the 8 pick

i would love jarvis jones to fall

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    i would love jarvis jones to fall
    I think most do now that he checked out with his recent physical...

However I don't see him getting out of the top 3...

Drafting a player who may never develop, no matter how talented is far from smart...it's actually the exact opposite, a huge risk that could leave us with a bust.

One can argue whether we should roll the dice, but the premise of the thread is completely wrong. There would be nothing smart about drafting Patterson at eight.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
    Drafting a player who may never develop, no matter how talented is far from smart...it's actually the exact opposite, a huge risk that could leave us with a bust.

One can argue whether we should roll the dice, but the premise of the thread is completely wrong. There would be nothing smart about drafting Patterson at eight.
    Isn't every drafted player a risk? I don't see the logic in your point. He is already a very good WR in a tough SEC conference. Only knock on him is he comes from a JUCO school and spent one year in D1 but still performed well.

As intruiging as Patterson is, I'm just not a fan of drafting him quite that high. .
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

I am begging someone to tell me this. Who...the ****....is going to throw the BALL to Cordarelle Patterson?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    I am begging someone to tell me this. Who...the ****....is going to throw the BALL to Cordarelle Patterson?
    Mike Glennon

Quote Originally Posted by turbovwmk4 View Post
    Mike Glennon
    Ok. Suppose Mike Glennon is taken at the bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd by any of the MANY teams ahead of the Bills. What then?

Isn't every drafted player a risk? I don't see the logic in your point. He is already a very good WR in a tough SEC conference. Only knock on him is he comes from a JUCO school and spent one year in D1 but still performed well.
    He's extremely raw.

He hasn't shown me anything as a WR that shows his ability to be a great WR. He can run, and he can change direction effortlessly and look like he's not losing any ground doing it, but WR's need to be able to run routes, catch, and learn how to win against top corners and safeties in the pros. This isn't a guy who is polished that is gonna be at worst a average WR...this is a kid who may never be able to be what many are wishing for, and could completely fail.

He's not a very good receiver at this point, and he's much riskier than a number of wideouts in this draft.

My logic is sound...you're the one who needs to re-think how smart drafting a player who wasn't dominate and who can't even catch with his hands or run routes really is.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

Mike Glennon
    Horrible, just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    Ok. Suppose Mike Glennon is taken at the bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd by any of the MANY teams ahead of the Bills. What then?
    Who will take him at the bottom of the first? Buddy Nix said several months ago, that this may be the year to trade back into the first to grab the QB of the future. Even if he is gone by the 42nd pick and we don't trade back into the first, Barkley, Wilson, and Bray are all good enough to get the job done. I'm not too worried about them. Just no QB is worth the 8th overall pick other than Geno Smith.

Who will take him at the bottom of the first? Buddy Nix said several months ago, that this may be the year to trade back into the first to grab the QB of the future. Even if he is gone by the 42nd pick and we don't trade back into the first, Barkley, Wilson, and Bray are all good enough to get the job done. I'm not too worried about them. Just no QB is worth the 8th overall pick other than Geno Smith.
    Who would take him you ask? Pittsburgh could be looking for a new QB to take over for Ben soon. Dallas could take him. I've heard New England might be looking for a QB as well. As for who you think might be there by the 42nd pick, Barkley and Wilson won't. Guaranteed. Philly, Jacksonville, KC, the Jets, they all need something at QB behind who they have. Bray got benched going up against future doctors, lawyers and politicians of Vanderbilt. I'm not holding out too much hope for him.

Mike Glennon
    Oh now you are just after my heart!!!!! I dream of the day I get to purchase my Mike Glennon Authentic Bills Jersey and watch the kid flick his wrist and wonder chuck the ball 80 yards!!!!! Love this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Oh now you are just after my heart!!!!! I dream of the day I get to purchase my Mike Glennon Authentic Bills Jersey and watch the kid flick his wrist and wonder chuck the ball 80 yards!!!!! Love this kid!
    It'll be a jersey alright. Just not a Bills jersey. Good luck with that though.

2013 Offseason:
    8. Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    42. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    71. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    102. Philip Thomas, S, Fresno
    134. Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama
    166. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa