Thread: Rotoworld Report on the Cardinals

Default Rotoworld Report on the Cardinals

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Mike Jurecki of XTRA Phoenix does not expect the Cardinals to use the No. 7 overall draft pick on a quarterback.

Quarterbacks will creep up perceived draft boards as the NFL draft nears, but at the moment none of the group is considered surefire first-round caliber. Of the group, Glennon would be the best fit for new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians' vertical offense, with a cannon arm. Arizona might be better off pursuing offensive line help before a young quarterback, however.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Looks like we don't have to worry about Arizona drafting a QB in the first round for now...

Makes sense....great year to draft a star olinemen.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Mike Glennon makes that team better if he goes there. But he'll get killed if they don't get some better linemen. Kolb was getting killed behind that line last year.

Brady would struggle behind that line. They need a line before they can worry about a QB so hopefully Smith or Barkley falls into our laps

Adopt-a-Bill 2011 - George Wilson!

Yeah a o-line is the best thing for any QB. Look at Aikman, great when he had a great o-line and done when it was. Look at Tom Brady, the reason why his numbers are monstrous is all the time he has to throw the football. Look at Joe Montana who is called "Joe Cool" ole Joe was never sacked in a Super Bowl game. The o-line really does make or break QB's.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Brady would struggle behind that line. They need a line before they can worry about a QB so hopefully Smith or Barkley falls into our laps
    Tom Brady would get killed. He can't run. Doesn't like any contract. He's been spoiled throughout his whole NFL career. I remember back in their 16-0 regular season and all the time he had. 6-7-8 seconds. Ridiculous.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

means nothing... pure speculation.

Their oline might be worse than Chicago's. They need to draft a lineman
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Who knows though, it's possible they address O-Line during FA as well. Some big names are going to hit the market at OT
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    Who knows though, it's possible they address O-Line during FA as well. Some big names are going to hit the market at OT
    This is true.

Thing is, while the speculation can be good fun, until FA has had it's first couple of weeks, nobody knows quite which way teams are likely to go with their first pick(s).

Once that period is over, then you can have a much better idea of where needs still lie. A couple of FA signings per team, suddenly changes whole landscapes of 'needs', and if we ourselves sign a couple of guys early, it could mean that we open up our options with the #8 pick considerably, and tbh, that's the way I expect things to unfold. Nix likes to get a hole or two filled before the draft, so he can take his bpa.

Pretty much all teams try and do things this way, and it isn't until much closer to the actual draft, that anyone will know for sure, which way teams are likely to jump.
    People should understand that the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back.

Why bother drafting worse players than you already have on your roster?

The Ignore List is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Looks like we don't have to worry about Arizona drafting a QB in the first round for now...

Because Mike Jurecki is the GM of the Arizona Cardinals?

They need tackles, but what if Joekel and Fisher are gone?
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

So far I have read 'expert' opinions that say 3 QBs will be taken ahead of us (KC,AZ, Clev) and opinions that no one, not even us, will draft a QB in the first round.

So at the moment, no one agrees with anyone.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

We should just skip the draft all together then. Since we know exactly how it's gonna go down. It's not like this article is pure speculation or anything

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    So far I have read 'expert' opinions that say 3 QBs will be taken ahead of us (KC,AZ, Clev) and opinions that no one, not even us, will draft a QB in the first round.

So at the moment, no one agrees with anyone.
    It's just so all over the place this time of year. I was reading through mock drafts a few days ago, and it has a range from the bills taking Tyler Wilson, to not a single qb taken in the first...not even Geno.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    It's just so all over the place this time of year. I was reading through mock drafts a few days ago, and it has a range from the bills taking Tyler Wilson, to not a single qb taken in the first...not even Geno.
    Exactly, I have read a lot of Geno to the Chiefs but I also read they would take a lineman. I have read for us that we will take either, Barkley, Wilson, Smith, Glennon, Ogletree, Jones, or Patterson. I would prefer Geno because I think he is the most gifted and most accurate. But unless KC passes on him, and people don't trade up, I don't see that happening.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

Arizona is in desperate need of a LT. If either of the top guys are available I can't see them passing.

Also with his big arm Skelton is a good fit for Arians vertical passing game in Arizona. Maybe Arians can help turn Skelton's career around ??

See this is kind of where things will get dicey for the Bills. If both Arizona and New Jersey pass on a QB in the 1st round they certainly will not 2nd and that means the Bills will either have to reach for one with the 8th overall pick or move up to the end of the 1st round or the beginning of the 2nd. Either way it's going to be some kind of a reach to get a QB in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    See this is kind of where things will get dicey for the Bills. If both Arizona and New Jersey pass on a QB in the 1st round they certainly will not 2nd and that means the Bills will either have to reach for one with the 8th overall pick or move up to the end of the 1st round or the beginning of the 2nd. Either way it's going to be some kind of a reach to get a QB in this draft.
    Arizona might not take a QB at all in the first couple of rounds. Much depends on what Arians thinks he can do with Kolb or Skelton. If he believes that either of them are capable behind a half-way decent O-Line, then they might check out of the QB lottery entirely.
    If they start spending their $ on linemen in FA, though, then all bets are off.
    While the Jest picking ahead of us in the 2nd round is something of a pain in the proverbial, I'm not too sure they will go after a QB there. Their cap space issues, mean that they are going to have to do some serious roster juggling this off-season, and it might mean that they take a player to fill a hole, that that juggling will possibly create. While they certainly have a need at QB, I doubt that the value is there to them, to take one in the 2nd round.
    People should understand that the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back.

Why bother drafting worse players than you already have on your roster?

The Ignore List is your friend.