Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Does Anderson get cut this year?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Posts
    9,499

    Default Does Anderson get cut this year?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    What are the odds that Anderson is a one and done in Buffalo? I am not sure how well he will be able to play standing up. He wasn't all that effective last year and with the sizable contract he signed I am not sure he will be worth the money to keep. To me Moore seems like a much better fit than Anderson. Heck, even Merriman is a much better fit and I am sure we can sign him to a minimal contract.
    2014 Mock Draft

    1. Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
    2. Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
    3. Dakota Dozier OG Furman
    4. Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    5. James Franklin QB Missouri
    7. Cody Webster P Purdue

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    A few novels short of a full bookcase....
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    No..there was an article about this...It makes zero sense to cut him this year. The way his contract is structured, we basically pay if he is on our roster or not.

    Read this article...

    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013...2013?ref=yahoo
    Last edited by I Am Legend; 02-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    MD-2014 Trade back. Dallas gets #9 and #73, Buffalo gets #16, #47 and #78

    RD 1) #16 RYAN SHAZIER OLB OHIO ST
    RD 2) #41 KONY EALY DE MISSOURI
    RD 2) #47 TROY NIKLAS TE NOTRE DAME
    RD 3) #78 BILLY TURNER OT N.DAKOTA ST
    RD 4) #109 LACHE SEASTRUNK RB BAYLOR
    RD 5) #149 WALT AIKENS CB LIBERTY
    RD 6) TRADED
    RD 7) #224 BRANDON THOMAS OG CLEMSON (steal of the draft if he slips this far)


    THANK YOU RALPH WILSON JR - RIP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Legend View Post
    No..there was an article about this...It makes zero sense to cut him this year. The way his contract is structured, we basically pay if he is on our roster or not.

    Read this article...

    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013...2013?ref=yahoo
    This!!!
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,852

    Default

    Typical Bills fan.. crucify the guy because he got hurt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rome NY
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    No way it makes no sense financially
    2014 The year of the Buffalo!!!!




    Welcome to Buffalo Mario Williams

    2012 and 2013 Adopt-a-Bill

    Mario Williams

    High school Sports broadcaster for MCR radio

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,019

    Default

    He has experience as 3-4 Rush LB, why cut him? He fits in better in a 3-4 than a 4-3, imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rochester,NY
    Posts
    3,642

    Default

    I doubt that he will. Are only JLB we have are Anderson and Moore. Merriman is probably not going to ever pan out and I would think Kelsay would be considered a SLB in a 3-4.

    It would be nice if CB could let us know one of these Fridays two major things:

    1) Is Fitzpatrick getting released?
    2) What positions our current LB's would be playing in a 3-4 scheme?

    From what it looks like we will be a 3-4 base SLASH Hybrid 4-3 so right off the bat that tells me that Pettine is going to have a much more complicated playbook. If that is the case we will need as many veteran players as possible on our front 7. Rookies will never catch on 100% because their will be so many different assignments. I am also concerned that Kyle Williams will not buy into this new system. The last time the Bills ran a Hybrid 3-4 defense he wasnt all that happy and he made the comment that they just need to get back to the basics. He said they needed less scheming because of too many missed assignments because of the complexity of the scheme. Look at the Jets Defense last season under Pettine they had a young front 7 and missed a lot of assignments. I would like to see Pettine keep it more simple the first season just to get all the players on the same page and comfortable with his system.
    Last edited by Dr Strangelove; 02-17-2013 at 10:12 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    796

    Default

    This guy should be on the roster to compete at training camp. We have already paid for the man's services and didn't get to see much of what he has to offer last year. He may thrive in Pettine's system. Ya never know

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,223

    Default

    is it me or is this board just freaking crazy?

    does anyone promoting this baloney know something we dont?

    do you know how stupid the bills organization would look after just signing this guy last year and him getting a fairly minor injury to then just cut him before he is even here a year? really ? the logic of the bills doing this blows mind. we would be the laughing stock of the league.

    just because some dumb reporter suggested such stupidity is everyone around here just as dumb as he is by repeatedly suggesting such a stupid move?

    just ridiculous!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak tree 12 View Post
    is it me or is this board just freaking crazy?

    does anyone promoting this baloney know something we dont?

    do you know how stupid the bills organization would look after just signing this guy last year and him getting a fairly minor injury to then just cut him before he is even here a year? really ? the logic of the bills doing this blows mind. we would be the laughing stock of the league.

    just because some dumb reporter suggested such stupidity is everyone around here just as dumb as he is by repeatedly suggesting such a stupid move?

    just ridiculous!
    One person posts they should cut him and six people say they shouldn't and you claim this board is crazy?
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,032

    Default

    Anderson has only been with the team one year, and was mostly hurt, and now he needs to be cut? Jeez.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    Well, he looked terrible and then got hurt. I would still give him another year though, especially with his contract situation.
    Playoffs in 2014!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by havoc_84 View Post
    Well, he looked terrible and then got hurt. I would still give him another year though, especially with his contract situation.
    Who didn't look terrible for about the first 10 games last year?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Posts
    9,499

    Default

    I'm sorry but if you can't get pressure on the QB with Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams playing next to you then you don't deserve to be on this roster. Anderson was horrible when he was on the field even when he was healthy.
    2014 Mock Draft

    1. Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
    2. Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
    3. Dakota Dozier OG Furman
    4. Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    5. James Franklin QB Missouri
    7. Cody Webster P Purdue

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Liverpool/Buffalo
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    He has experience as 3-4 Rush LB, why cut him? He fits in better in a 3-4 than a 4-3, imo.
    Where? He was a DE in a 4-man front in NE, just like he will be here.

    Buffalo is NOT a 3-4 defense people, they will run a multi-front hybrid.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    Where? He was a DE in a 4-man front in NE, just like he will be here.

    Buffalo is NOT a 3-4 defense people, they will run a multi-front hybrid.

    "Nonetheless, when the Patriots switched to the 3-4 defense in the playoffs, Anderson become a full-time starter at ROLB, and was really effective. In three playoff games, Anderson recorded 11 tackles and 2.5 sacks. He continued to excel as a speed-rusher in passing situations, but also showed an ability to shed blocks and make plays in the backfield against the run. While Anderson may not be the "typical" Patriots 3-4 outside linebacker, he definitely showed the potential to make a full-time move to the position."

    http://www.patspulpit.com/2012/3/11/...-mark-anderson


    1) Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
    3) Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor
    5) Trai Turner OG LSU
    7) Bennett Jackson CB Notre Dame

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak tree 12 View Post
    is it me or is this board just freaking crazy?

    does anyone promoting this baloney know something we dont?

    do you know how stupid the bills organization would look after just signing this guy last year and him getting a fairly minor injury to then just cut him before he is even here a year? really ? the logic of the bills doing this blows mind. we would be the laughing stock of the league.

    just because some dumb reporter suggested such stupidity is everyone around here just as dumb as he is by repeatedly suggesting such a stupid move?

    just ridiculous!

    The joke of the q.b. situation already makes the Bills look stupid. Drafting A. Maybin made the Bills look stupid instead of Orakpo. Never drafting a q.b. made the Bills look stupid. Teams like the Colts tanking and then getting a q.b. and then making the playoffs made the Bills look stupid. Going after Mario Williams before a q.b. imo made the Bills look stupid. Out of the last 14 yrs what has made the Bills look smart? Let me guess? CJ Spiller in the 1st round made them smart? IMO If MArrone keeps Fitzpatrick that would be the stupidest move of the season. They should definitely keep Anderson another year. If they didn't it would be just another stupid move.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,055

    Default

    There's a thread that has been stickied for weeks that shows the amount of cap space that is created if we cut players. Mark Anderson would be $1.5 million in the wrong direction so no, not happening.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elmira
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Worst thread of all time? No. Still really bad? Yeah.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    He has experience as 3-4 Rush LB, why cut him? He fits in better in a 3-4 than a 4-3, imo.
    Not really, no. On the Pats in 2011 he played almost exclusively in their 4-3 packages.

    I don't agree with people that want to cut him, however. You can never have enough pass rushers.
    Buffalo Crossing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •