Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBNation estimates on free agent contracts

Default SBNation estimates on free agent contracts

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

big numbers for the Bills free agents plus a few other names that have been discussed here

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/1...-bo/in/3759045

LG - Andy Levitre, five years $30.5 million

Levitre is widely considered to be the top guard available and at 26 years old should be able to cash in. This contract puts him in the top 10 for guards.

FS - Jairus Byrd, five years $35 million

Byrd is not only the top safety available, he may be the top safety in the NFL. A deal worth $7 million per season would put him just outside the top five of the highest-paid safeties.

LB - Philip Wheeler, three years $5.4 million

Another underrated player from the Raiders defense, Wheeler is the cream of the outside linebacker crop. He's coming off a one-year $700,000 deal and will likely make more than double that next season.

LB - Dannell Ellerbe, three years $6.4 million

Ellerbe filled a major void in the Ravens defense and played well enough to earn a nice contract this season. At $2.13 million per season, Ellerbe is the highest-paid linebacker on the team.

WR - Dwayne Bowe, five years $43 million

A contract worth $8.6 million per season may seem like a lot for the up-and-down Bowe, but Pierre Garcon received $8.5 million last offseason with a lesser track record. Mike Wallace could be another option here, but would likely cost similar money

TE - Martellus Bennett, four years $11 million

A year after making $2.5 million, Bennett gets a bump after a solid season in New York. In addition to Bennett, Fred Davis and Dustin Keller are also options and should command similar contracts.

With around 24 to 25 million in cal right now we gotta get back Levitre and Byrd that will subtract around 13 million and then we have about 12 million in spending. I say we go after Ellerbe for 2.13 million, then go after Fred Davis for around 2.66 million and go get Chris Houston for 4 million a year that would subtract 9 million. So then we would have about 3 million on the draft but I think we still need to cut brad smith and Chris Kelsay which would also free up some space, then if we got Jarvis Jones in the first, then Ryan Nassib, Then Aaron Dobson we would be a pro bowl team no doubt about it
    General Manager of the New Jersey Mobsters!!

I would be on board with getting CB Chris Houston. He has ability to be a #1 CB but could excel as a #2. He would boost our secondary from day one. Aslong as he could start on the field. He was hurt at times this past season.
    Owner of the Myrtle Beach Marauders of the BBSFL.
    Interested in BBSFL come check us out

Marauders Trade Block

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
    Cheers to Budda... One brilliant bastard

levitre byrd and bowe ...boom get it done OBD
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Burp View Post
    big numbers for the Bills free agents plus a few other names that have been discussed here

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/1...-bo/in/3759045

LG - Andy Levitre, five years $30.5 million

Levitre is widely considered to be the top guard available and at 26 years old should be able to cash in. This contract puts him in the top 10 for guards.

FS - Jairus Byrd, five years $35 million

Byrd is not only the top safety available, he may be the top safety in the NFL. A deal worth $7 million per season would put him just outside the top five of the highest-paid safeties.

LB - Philip Wheeler, three years $5.4 million

Another underrated player from the Raiders defense, Wheeler is the cream of the outside linebacker crop. He's coming off a one-year $700,000 deal and will likely make more than double that next season.

LB - Dannell Ellerbe, three years $6.4 million

Ellerbe filled a major void in the Ravens defense and played well enough to earn a nice contract this season. At $2.13 million per season, Ellerbe is the highest-paid linebacker on the team.

WR - Dwayne Bowe, five years $43 million

A contract worth $8.6 million per season may seem like a lot for the up-and-down Bowe, but Pierre Garcon received $8.5 million last offseason with a lesser track record. Mike Wallace could be another option here, but would likely cost similar money

TE - Martellus Bennett, four years $11 million

A year after making $2.5 million, Bennett gets a bump after a solid season in New York. In addition to Bennett, Fred Davis and Dustin Keller are also options and should command similar contracts.
    I would resign both TOMORROW at those numbers.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

I think this is crazy conservative.

Ellerbe will be one of the hottest names in FA - certainly won't be signed for ~2 mill per. I think his agent is going to use Stephen Tulloch's 5 year, 25.5 mill contract as a starting point. Yes I'm serious.
    Go Bills!

DRAFT
    1. Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
    2. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    4. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Acquisitions: Corey Graham, Chris Williams, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Dixon, Mike Williams.

Id be all in on Wheeler & Ellerbe. LB core is fixed. Resigning Byrd is a must. Levitre if possible. Draft a WR and QB in rounds 1 & 2. We will be well on our way!
    Thank you Buddy, Thank you for bringing us Mr. Whaley.

Lets try something new. Instead of standing behind our beloved Bills, let's stand in front of them, just so they have to change direction!

No way do those LBers go for that cheap.

1) Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
    3) Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor
    5) Trai Turner OG LSU
    7) Bennett Jackson CB Notre Dame

byrd will be the highest paid safety in the NFL
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. A number of the other contracts seem to be estimated pretty well but not those for the LB.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ellerbe were able to command much more - maybe even something like Bart Scott's 2009 contract with the Jets: 6 years, 48M.

Honestly, all those numbers look a little low, with the exception of maybe Bowe, which looks spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Te_Puru View Post
    I think this is crazy conservative.

Ellerbe will be one of the hottest names in FA - certainly won't be signed for ~2 mill per. I think his agent is going to use Stephen Tulloch's 5 year, 25.5 mill contract as a starting point. Yes I'm serious.
    FYI your sig mock says trade with Det up top, but in the round by round breakdown the 3rd round says trade to Browns.
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

Quote Originally Posted by windsorpg View Post
    With around 24 to 25 million in cal right now we gotta get back Levitre and Byrd that will subtract around 13 million and then we have about 12 million in spending. I say we go after Ellerbe for 2.13 million, then go after Fred Davis for around 2.66 million and go get Chris Houston for 4 million a year that would subtract 9 million. So then we would have about 3 million on the draft but I think we still need to cut brad smith and Chris Kelsay which would also free up some space, then if we got Jarvis Jones in the first, then Ryan Nassib, Then Aaron Dobson we would be a pro bowl team no doubt about it
    Whats a pro bowl team???

So cutting Kelsay gets you enough to pay Keller with a little change to spare? Seems like a no-brainer.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Ellerbe is going to make a whole lot more than that. My guess would be in the 5 year - 25 million range and even that could be a conservative figure.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    byrd will be the highest paid safety in the NFL
    He will be way overpaid imo...he's good but not as great as the BBMB portrays.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    I would resign both TOMORROW at those numbers.
    My thought exactly. If they signed nobody else of note, it would be a successful FA season if they get these two guys back for now and the future.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    what you have too look at is there are a bunch of linebackers comeing out in this years draft, and because that linebacker is 1 of the strong suit's in this years draft a free agent linebacker might not get the norm,.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneLouie View Post
    He will be way overpaid imo...he's good but not as great as the BBMB portrays.
    This post is spot on. Byrd is a very good player but he is not a young Polamlu {sp} or Reed. 7 mill is enough. He is a top 5 safety and deserves to be paid just that top 5 not number 1.
    I also like Andy but he is not worthy of that kinda money he is not a top 10 guard. 5mill a year is more than enough if not let him bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindMind13 View Post
    Whats a pro bowl team???
    A team that has a few players going to Hawaii.. Duh