View Poll Results: Which one would u take?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alec Ogletree

8 47.06%
  • Manti Te'o

2 11.76%
  • Kevin Minter

7 41.18%

Thread: Random thoughts on ILB's in the draft

Default Random thoughts on ILB's in the draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Alec Ogletree- I know he is a real good prospect but too many red flags....not only did he just get a DUI but he also was suspended for the first 4 games for a failed drug test. I dont understand how someone could do that to themselves, I mean he is a top 15 prospect but poor decisions have now cost him millions of dollars.....I hope it was worth it Alec

Manti Te'o-I have heard in light of the GF hoax and the poor game in the championship it sounds like Manti Te'o might be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Would u take him in the 2nd? IMO Te'o is kinda like Poz, he will get a ton of tackles but many will be 5 yrds down the field, he isnt all that fast or strong but he has good leadership skills and gives 100% always. I dont know how I feel about him but depending on what we do in FA he might just be the BPA w/our 2nd round pick.

Kevin Minter- IMO will prob be the first ILBer off the board at this point, he def has the most upside as far as untapped potential. Would an LSU reunion of Minter and Sheppard help our crappy run D? Maybe Shep would pick up him game playing next to a LSU alum. I would love to get Minter but he will prob not be in our range....we cant take him @ 8 its way to early and there is very little chance he falls to our pick in the 2nd, I would say he goes anywhere from 15-35.

We all need ILBer help and might not be able to fill it in FA so if we were to pick one of the 3 which would it be and why? Would u take the ultra talented Ogletree that has a ton of Red flags? Would you take Te'o who may or may not be productive in the NFL and also had the story of the yr w/the GF hoax or would it be Minter who has a ton of upside but might not be in our range?
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

I wouldn't call it a ton of baggage. Its two incidents its not good but people have done worse and not been effected. Michael Floyd had multiple alcohol arrests including a DUI before he was drafted and it didn't effect him. Bruce Irvin was a drug dealer and armed robber and was arrested right before the draft for going crazy and destroying a restaurant didn't effect him. Dareus was suspended for multiple games in college. Robert Quinn was suspended for an entire season and still was picked early in the first and he had not played in a year.

None of them in the 1st round for me.

2nd round anyone of them. But, I doubt Buddy will like Ogletree's 'character' so he is probably not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBills92 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a ton of baggage. Its two incidents its not good but people have done worse and not been effected. Michael Floyd had multiple alcohol arrests including a DUI before he was drafted and it didn't effect him. Bruce Irvin was a drug dealer and armed robber and was arrested right before the draft for going crazy and destroying a restaurant didn't effect him. Dareus was suspended for multiple games in college. Robert Quinn was suspended for an entire season and still was picked early in the first and he had not played in a year.
    It did effect Michael Floyd in Buddy's eyes. A lot of Bills fans wanted to draft Floyd in the 1st round, but the Bills never brought him in for a pre-draft visit. So far Buddy has only drafted prospects in the 1st round that were brought in for a visit. Obviously Buddy didn't have him on the board, thus no visit, thus we did not draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    It did effect Michael Floyd in Buddy's eyes. A lot of Bills fans wanted to draft Floyd in the 1st round, but the Bills never brought him in for a pre-draft visit. So far Buddy has only drafted prospects in the 1st round that were brought in for a visit. Obviously Buddy didn't have him on the board, thus no visit, thus we did not draft him.
    You don't know if it affected him in Buddy's eyes. The Bills don't draft or choose their pre-draft visits by who the fans want in case you didn't know. They dont bring in every player on their entire board either.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    None of them in the 1st round for me.

2nd round anyone of them. But, I doubt Buddy will like Ogletree's 'character' so he is probably not an option.
    Smart. Yep, if you aren't the second coming of Willis, Lewis, or Urlach then no need to draft them in the first.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Ogletree is most definitely top 10 talent. I'm running to the podium faster than the Bills did for Spiller if he's still on the board.