Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LaCanfora: Trade for Alex Smith is done

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by MEAZY26 View Post
    What makes people think KC wouldn't take Geno even if they trade for Smith?
    ^^^^This

INDIANAPOLIS -- According to multiple reports, the San Francisco 49ers have wrapped up a trade that will put quarterback Alex Smith in a new city. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported via Twitter that the 49ers have sewed up negotiations with a willing trade partner. The interested team is not yet known, though Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com says that from everything he's heard around the scouting combine this week, the Kansas City Chiefs have a deal for Smith that is "all but done."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7921--nfl.html
    The Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist and then just like that::::Poof::::He was GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Yup. i spend a lot of time on the bills board. they think these moves will take the division
    Stop Replying to this guy he's mocking you on the Pats Boards

They still draft Smith.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    I still think the Browns go defense and the Cards go for an offensive tackle. Just my opinion though...
    Makes the most sense. A real chance at getting a very serviceable LT for a team that absolutely needs to fix its line before it has any hope of developing a QB or a run game.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Quote Originally Posted by BigBillsFan View Post
    guarentee its KC

GENO IS OURS!!!!!!!!

Go get him Buddy!
    I say it's Jacksonville, KC might go afyer Foles...but we'll see

KC get Alex Smith, Raiders get Geno Smith and the Cardinals will draft Matt Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I know I may sound like homer but I wouldn't be shocked if it were Bills. I mean they haven't offered Levitre yet, they haven't offered Byrd yet, reports after we hired Marrone was that we were using Alex Smith as a selling point, Russ said the other day they have to start making decisions on Fitz. I mean how have you not talked about what to do with Fitz yet unless you were waiting to see what happened with Smith?
    I wouldn't be shocked either. I'd guess it's less than a 50% chance, but far from impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
    I say it's Jacksonville, KC might go afyer Foles...but we'll see

As reported on the first page, the Jax GM texted it wasn't them after the Smith news came out. I am aware that in the history of mankind there have been one or two cases of GMs mis-stating the truth, but I personally doubt it's Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioBilliams View Post
    went on the kansas city forums and for some reason almost all of them want him. even after they grabbed matt cassell... alex smith = matt cassell 2.0

Smith for the past two years has been better than Cassel or Fitz have ever dreamt of being.

The fact that Buffalo brought up Smith in coaching interviews makes me a little worried.

If I am not mistaken Buffalo discussed the potential of Smith being a Bills with Whisenhunt .

That being said, I feel like Buddy wants to make a more permanent and long term solution to the Bills QB future.

Unless, Buffalo trades for Smith, then turns around and takes someone like Bray in the middle rounds... However, that would be three picks used on the QB position.

Yawn .....

I think it is Buffalo (Just for the record)

.8978419-tired-man-sleeping-on-a-notebook-keyboard-at-night-in-the-office.jpg
    Last edited by THE SLAMMER; 02-25-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    KC get Alex Smith, Raiders get Geno Smith and the Cardinals will draft Matt Barkley.
    If that scenario plays out, we may draft wr/linebacker at 8 (pending who we get in free agency) then draft a qb in later rounds..and I hope its EJ Manuel.
    I have survived four superbowl losses and my love for this team will remain until my last breath. I cheer during a victory and cheer during a defeat...Iam more than a buffalo fan...Iam a buffalo soldier !!!--DeAndre

Bills have been hinting that they want a ravens/9ers type O&D don't be surprised if they gofor a qb in FA
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns are not the team on the verge of acquiring Alex Smith.
    The Jaguars have ruled themselves out. The Browns aren't the team, either, and the Chiefs have yet to dispute their association with CBS' report. All signs continue to point to Alex Smith becoming Andy Reid's next quarterback. Feb 24 - 7:57 PM
    Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

How can anyone think its the Bills after these reports? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    They still draft Smith.
    That seems very unlikely to me. They have tremendous needs and A. Smith would meet one of those neds for the immediate future. Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Starr Almighty View Post
    INDIANAPOLIS -- According to multiple reports, the San Francisco 49ers have wrapped up a trade that will put quarterback Alex Smith in a new city. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported via Twitter that the 49ers have sewed up negotiations with a willing trade partner. The interested team is not yet known, though Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com says that from everything he's heard around the scouting combine this week, the Kansas City Chiefs have a deal for Smith that is "all but done."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7921--nfl.html
    is this not tampering?
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

really glad to see this. Alex Smith was a product of good coaching. don't be surprised to see him be the Smith of old. Puts us in a much better spot to get a top QB (as long as they perform well leading up to draft).

Adopt a Bill 2011: Marcell Dareus
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Nigel Bradham
    Adopt a Bill 2013: Kiko Alonso
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Brandon Spikes

All signs point to KC..

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    is this not tampering?
    Nope. No (impending) free agents involved. Smith is under contract with the 9ers, so they can officially trade him any time after the opening of the league year. There's nothing preventing them from negotiating any deals ahead of time and signing the papers at the first opportunity.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by BILLiever55 View Post
    really glad to see this. Alex Smith was a product of good coaching. don't be surprised to see him be the Smith of old. Puts us in a much better spot to get a top QB (as long as they perform well leading up to draft).
    There are no top QBs