Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LaCanfora: Trade for Alex Smith is done

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by BILLiever55 View Post
    really glad to see this. Alex Smith was a product of good coaching. don't be surprised to see him be the Smith of old. Puts us in a much better spot to get a top QB (as long as they perform well leading up to draft).
    Who are these top QBs you speak of..?

Quote Originally Posted by MEAZY26 View Post
    What makes people think KC wouldn't take Geno even if they trade for Smith?
    Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    They still draft Smith.
    they WILL NOT. they need OL DESPERATELY, and you bring in a FA QB you shore up the line he has to play behind.

OR you trade back with that 1st rd pick, because there are a few OL in this draft ot be had in the top 10. They are not drafting a QB if they go for Alex Smith. I guarantee that
    Trolling the Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by oak tree 12 View Post
    you act like Geno is the next luck,RG3,kapernick or wilson no freaking way!

he may not even be the top QB taken

i dont know why everyone is so high on this kis Nassib and Syracuse ruined him in their bowl game.

he played well the first 5 games then sucked the rest of the year. count me as one guy is not psyched about Geno!

No other QB in this draft in the same category as Geno Smith. He's good enough to draft at #8 without a doubt, and someone might move up for him. in fact I bet KC trades back from #1 if they are the ones who are landing Alex Smith, or they can take a OL to fix the hole left by Albert
    Last edited by dddaryl; 02-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Trolling the Trolls

I just heard this morning that Alex Smith is not being traded from the 49ers. Where is this coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLiever55 View Post
    really glad to see this. Alex Smith was a product of good coaching. don't be surprised to see him be the Smith of old. Puts us in a much better spot to get a top QB (as long as they perform well leading up to draft).

He was a product of good coaching? Well, first of all, that's a guess, not a fact.

If it's a correct guess, that's good, because we've got a good bunch of offensive coaches, so he'll do well for us too.

No idea if we get him, but I bet he plays well wherever he plays. This guy's light turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    they WILL NOT. they need OL DESPERATELY, and you bring in a FA QB you shore up the line he has to play behind.

OR you trade back with that 1st rd pick, because there are a few OL in this draft ot be had in the top 10. They are not drafting a QB if they go for Alex Smith. I guarantee that

What you have there isn't a guarantee. It's a guess. An educated one, yeah, but unless you're Andy Reid or someone close to him, you're not in a position to guarantee anything.

The question is whether Smith would be an upgrade at the correct price. Given that he led his team to the NFC championship game last year, and that he had a great rating before being injured this past season, to me there is no question he would be a significant upgrade over either Fitz or Tjack. Would the price be right? None of us can answer that right now. But given the significant doubts over pretty much every QB coming out it would make sense to me to get Smith, draft a kid in the middle rounds or next year to groom, and focus this draft on getting some receivers and linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    What you have there isn't a guarantee. It's a guess. An educated one, yeah, but unless you're Andy Reid or someone close to him, you're not in a position to guarantee anything.
    We know you're hurting over this, Thurmy. I'm sure you'll get over it eventually. Whether or not you ever get over yourself is another matter...
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

When T-Jax was re-signed last week there was a mention by DFT that the reason might be that the front office may have done so because their original plan was not going to happen. I now am guessing that the Bills wanted Alex Smith but the price got too high whatever it may have been at the time. They would have had to give better than their third since KC's third is worth more than Buffalo's. Just speculation, but if true, I believe they were not planning on a QB in the first round but rather sometime later if the value was there.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    i doubt the Bills made that trade, and who ever did it was probably for a 2nd. thinking that Smith is worth a 4th at best is just silly talk. And if it is KC that makes it almost a certinity that the Cards will take Geno
    reports are of Barkeley catching their eye in the Zona... he's gonna go to a warm weather team and Zona will be happy to take him if they actually like him... otherwise i see them passing and going OLine where they should be going in the first place, no qb can play from their back and they can't run the ball for chit anyway... that oline needs some serious help and I think they go after it... Fisher/Joeckal whichever is still available (if either) will be going to Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Triskit View Post
    reports are of Barkeley catching their eye in the Zona... he's gonna go to a warm weather team and Zona will be happy to take him if they actually like him... otherwise i see them passing and going OLine where they should be going in the first place, no qb can play from their back and they can't run the ball for chit anyway... that oline needs some serious help and I think they go after it... Fisher/Joeckal whichever is still available (if either) will be going to Arizona
    Saw that, if true then one of the good DE's and possibly LT will drop to us. If DE/LB type then take him and if not then see if we can get someone to bite for a LT. Starting to see something developing like Gilmore last year and this year it is pointing to WR. I think Patterson is potentially the pick at 8.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    We know you're hurting over this, Thurmy. I'm sure you'll get over it eventually. Whether or not you ever get over yourself is another matter...

Have a clue before you speak. Check out what I've written overall instead of one post.

You obviously have no clue, not one, about what I think. And anyone who had read consistently what I've written about the guy on this board would know.

And by the way, there's still been no confirmation that he's going to the Chiefs. It appears to be confirmed there's a deal in place, but no confirmation it's with KC, though that is probably the most likely spot. Not the only possible one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
    Saw that, if true then one of the good DE's and possibly LT will drop to us. If DE/LB type then take him and if not then see if we can get someone to bite for a LT. Starting to see something developing like Gilmore last year and this year it is pointing to WR. I think Patterson is potentially the pick at 8.

I doubt Patterson at #8. After a trade back, maybe.

We'll see, you could be right, but I'd guess if Patterson is the highest WR on their board when we pick at #8, and they don't have a QB left that they value high enough to pick at #8, we'll go DE or LB.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    I just heard this morning that Alex Smith is not being traded from the 49ers. Where is this coming from?
    It is not allowed by the NFL for any team(s) to negotiate before FA starts.
    therfore both the 9rs and the Chiefs have to deny they are talking or face tampering charges.
    it is all a game.
    Smith will be a Chief and it will all be done 2.5 minutes after FA starts.

Quote Originally Posted by richardb1952 View Post
    When T-Jax was re-signed last week there was a mention by DFT that the reason might be that the front office may have done so because their original plan was not going to happen. I now am guessing that the Bills wanted Alex Smith but the price got too high whatever it may have been at the time. They would have had to give better than their third since KC's third is worth more than Buffalo's. Just speculation, but if true, I believe they were not planning on a QB in the first round but rather sometime later if the value was there.
    I love the sound of that. plans change.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinocoach View Post
    It is not allowed by the NFL for any team(s) to negotiate before FA starts.
    therfore both the 9rs and the Chiefs have to deny they are talking or face tampering charges.
    it is all a game.
    Smith will be a Chief and it will all be done 2.5 minutes after FA starts.

He'll be traded, yup, it's been confirmed from several sources. Will it be to the Chiefs? Unconfirmed. Pretty likely but not a sure thing.

I live in the bay area. Close to San Francisco. From everything that I've heard out here. It's the Chiefs for sure. They're just waiting until they can announce the deal.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

KC has done this and will take Luke Joekel with the 1st. overall pick.
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural_Born_Spiller View Post
    I will gladly to EJ as a very close second as well. Things are looking good at QB!
    Huh? whaaaaat? You kidding me? I wanted Smith. Him going to KC all but guarantees that Tarvaris Jackson or Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Bills QB this season no matter who is drafted. And that just plain sucks.

IF the Raiders take Geno Smith, then I try to trade for Terelle Pryor. Thoughts?