Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Mock of the Year.

Default First Mock of the Year.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Obviously, all this will change after March 12th but here is what I think:

Round 1: Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - 6'4'' 250 - Texas A&M

A DE/OLB type hybrid player that our defense desperately needs, I just can't justify reaching for a QB at 8 (No scouting sites have a QB rated in the top 10 prospects) and leaving value/talent on the board. Bills honestly will need to get lucky here, with Mingo's work ethic under extreme scrutiny and Georgia's Jarvis Jones having the same back issue that ended San Diago's Marcus McNeill's career at 28 years old, I honestly think a trade down is very likely.

Round 2: Ryan Nassib - QB - 6'2'' 227 - Cuse

I think Nassib is a legitimate 2nd round QB, who could be a late first round draft pick by a team that falls in love with his arm and leadership. I take Nassib over 2nd round QB's like Wilson and Manual for a few important reasons; he knows the system and has the physical tools with decent accuracy.

Round 3: Tavarres King - WR - 6'0'' 190 - Georgia

Needs to bulk up, but had himself a strong senior bowl and is known as a down field threat who is a good route runner, generally good hands, but great at beating press coverage.

Round 4: Tyrann Mathieu - CB - 5'9'' 190

We all know he's got the physical tools to be a Windfield-type CB in the NFL, combined with Pettine could be a beautiful thing. The drug concerns are an obvious red flag, but he's shown maturity with the situation and has gone through counseling and rehab. "I know what it's like to be humiliated," Mathieu said. "To go back down that road? Not a chance in my lifetime." I say we give this kid a chance.

Round 5: Lerentee McCray - OLB - 6'2'' 250 - Florida

Considered a "project" with "considerable upside" he could help provide dept at ILB/OLB and SP-Teams.

Round 6: Shamarko Thomas S/CB - 5'9'' 213 - Syracuse

With 4.3 speed and aggressive tenacity, I'd love to see him become a force on our SP-Team unit and back up the SS position. I wonder if he has the "hips" to move to CB in the NFL? Sounds like this kid is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick if he was 3, 2, or 1 inch taller.

There you go, still lots of holes left open on the team but hopefully a strong FA class will force me to redo my mock a few times.

I really like my 4th and 6th round selections, how do you guys feel about it?
    Last edited by TheyCallMeAndy; 02-25-2013 at 04:24 PM.

I was an the Mingo train for a while but after reading all these reports and seeing these pictures of LSU's strength coaching basically calling him out, I don't want anything to do with him. I read something the other day where Sam Montgomery basically said that he and Mingo didn't play hard in every game and were making bets. He has a ton of talent but I don't want another diva defensive end on the team like Maybin.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I was an the Mingo train for a while but after reading all these reports and seeing these pictures of LSU's strength coaching basically calling him out, I don't want anything to do with him. I read something the other day where Sam Montgomery basically said that he and Mingo didn't play hard in every game and were making bets. He has a ton of talent but I don't want another diva defensive end on the team like Maybin.
    CRAP!! You're right.

I may have to redo the 1st pick, but it will still be a LB/DE.

As for the reset of your mock does, don't have Nassib or King picks but Buddy will not draft the Honey badger. Just not gonna happen. Major off the field issues and Buddy has never drafted anyone that's gotten in serious trouble off the field. McCray is a decent pick though. He played really good in some games and non existent in others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    CRAP!! You're right.

I'd shoot for Jarvis Jones.

Not a big fan of Mingo. The King pick has me scratching my head though... hes like a 5th/6th round prospect? Plug Dobson in there and this draft looks alot better.

1) Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
    3) Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor
    5) Trai Turner OG LSU
    7) Bennett Jackson CB Notre Dame

As for the reset of your mock does, don't have Nassib or King picks but Buddy will not draft the Honey badger. Just not gonna happen. Major off the field issues and Buddy has never drafted anyone that's gotten in serious trouble off the field. McCray is a decent pick though. He played really good in some games and non existent in others.
    Usually I'd agree about Bager, but the dude just smoked pot (unless there is something else I'm missing) and owned up to it and went to rehab.

That says maturity to me.

Truth is, a team with strong defensive leaders will get this kid and he will be a star. That could be Buffalo, if you think a honey badger don't give a @#$%, just wait till you tick Kyle Williams off...

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    Not a big fan of Mingo. The King pick has me scratching my head though... hes like a 5th/6th round prospect? Plug Dobson in there and this draft looks alot better.
    I saw 3rd round pick, and I flopped Mingo out.

I'd shoot for Jarvis Jones.
    Back issue, same one that ended Marcus McNeill's career at 28 years old.

That kid is going to fall like Da'Quawn Bowers did.

Who rated me 1 star? Brutal crowd tonight!

you should insert alec lemon in there somewhere

Can't get behind Moore...

He made plays when he was unblocked but when he was engaged he rarely made plays...

Not to mention he came into the combine out of shape and unprepared...

If they do go with a hybrid OLB/DE player I'd like Jordan/Werner/Mingo or a sleeper in Cornellius Carradine (FSU) who was tore his ACL late in the year but still racked up 80 tackles, 13 TFL & 11 Sacks...
    Other than that I can dig it...

One NFL scout told Pro Football Weekly that Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore is a "mess off the field."
    Moore was arrested for marijuana possession in 2011, but other than that has no known off-the-field issues. Perhaps more concerning were Moore's 12 reps on the 225-pound bench press in Indianapolis. The low total is an indication of not only below-average strength in the upper body, but suspect work ethic.
    just an fyi post

It's not a bad mock, most players look to be in the correct rounds I just don't see anywhere we we got better, Demontre Moore at least to me doesn't seem that special like a JPP type. I would actually come away hating this draft probably (not that you did a bad job) I just don't see any improvement at the skill positions. Maybe because I'm not a fan of Nassib but WR also, King isn't a day 1 starter to me, DE Moore is solid but he will be in rotation.
    2014 Buffalo Bills Mock Draft:
    RD.1-RT Taylor Lewan- Michigan
    RD.2- TE Troy Niklas- Notre Dame
    RD.3-DE Scott Crichton- Oregon State
    RD.4- RB Lache Seastrunk- Baylor
    RD.5-CB Ross Cockrell- Duke
    RD.7- P Cody Webster- Purdue

2014 free agent signings:
    ILB Brandon Spikes- NE, CB Corey Graham- BAL, LB Keith Rivers- NYG, RB Anthony Dixon- 49ers

I just don't know about Moore at 8, 6'4 250 ran a 4.95 40 and only 12 reps on the bench... Miller was a 4.5 40 and 21 rep guy at the combine at 6'3 246 and obviously there are the comparisons made of the two since they both played at A&M

Any defensive player from Alabama or LSU is solid really. I wouldn't mind taking Millner at 8, albeit the Bills take a QB in round 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    Can't get behind Moore...

He made plays when he was unblocked but when he was engaged he rarely made plays...

Not to mention he came into the combine out of shape and unprepared...

If they do go with a hybrid OLB/DE player I'd like Jordan/Werner/Mingo or a sleeper in Cornellius Carradine (FSU) who was tore his ACL late in the year but still racked up 80 tackles, 13 TFL & 11 Sacks...
    Other than that I can dig it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bills View Post
    just an fyi post
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEz View Post
    I just don't know about Moore at 8, 6'4 250 ran a 4.95 40 and only 12 reps on the bench... Miller was a 4.5 40 and 21 rep guy at the combine at 6'3 246 and obviously there are the comparisons made of the two since they both played at A&M
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Any defensive player from Alabama or LSU is solid really. I wouldn't mind taking Millner at 8, albeit the Bills take a QB in round 2 or 3
    Picking at is is not easy, It's down to Milliner or Jones (who has had back issues but is medically cleared).

I know I sound like a thread spammer. However, without a #8 overall being Barkley I am hard pressed to want to continue reading a mock.

That being said if Buffalo doesn't take Barkley, it should be
    1) Milliner CB, Bama
    2) Landry Jones QB, OK
    3) Stedman Bailey WR, WVU
    4) Travis Long OLB, Wash State
    5) Wes Horton DE/OLB, USC
    6) Ray Graham RB, Pitt
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    CRAP!! You're right.

You already changed your mock based on one person's comment??

Moore will be gone by #8. I think it will be Ogletree or Jordan. Ansah is a darkhorse.

I like the idea of Moore in the 1st. Very solid, minimal issues/question marks like the rest of them in the top 10.

The rest of your mock is a little iffy. I'd definitely go with what you got position wise from rds 2 to 6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 Mock - Reversing the Curse

1- Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    2- Kyle Van Noy - OLB - BYU - its like Lawrence Taylor and Jason Taylor had a baby
    3- Anthony Steen - G - Alabama
    4- Beau Allen - DT Wisconsin - Meatball 2.0
    5- Aaron Colvin - CB - Oklahoma
    6- Traded to TB for Mike Williams
    7- C J Barnett - S Ohio State