Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you even take an OL at 8?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Cordy Glenn, Fisher, and Wood would make a dominate oline. Glenn would be the best RT in the league and Fisher looks like he could be a probowler on the left side.

I would love to watch Spiller behind those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBuffalo View Post
    Teams have proven over and over again that if you can't stop the run - they will beat you. Think about it. We didn't lose to Tom Brady or any other QB through the air.... They rammed it down our throats. CJ is nearly impossible to defend - whatever we can do to help him, helps our chances to win games. I would take either one of these guys and control the line of scrimmage for 60 minutes. Incidentally, I think our defense is top 10 with the talent we have. The problem was in how the coaches used that talent. Here's just one example: Mario goes to the Pro Bowl playing on on which side of the field ???? Oh, but Wanny feels he would be better on the OPPOSITE side (a position he hasn't played since HS) and now our stud under achieves and the fans want to run him out of town. Trust me, teams won't be running up 50 points a game in 2013.

Improve our OL and our defense will at least get a chance to catch their breath. Seriously, have you ever played defense where every possession was three and out. Sometimes it felt like I couldn't even tie my shoes.... I was too busy running back onto the field because the offense couldn't get a simple 3rd down conversion.

I think there are some things that most fans are overlooking in regards to this football team. A lot of Bills fans seem to forget that the Jet's rode a Ryan/Pettine defense to the AFC championship game just 3 years ago. They did it with less offensive talent than the Bills currently have. I'll number this out to try and keep my position cogent:
    - There is no way you're going to convince me that Sanchez in any better than Fitzpatrick.
    - There is a bunch of talent on this defense. Yes there are some holes but their failure last year rests more on Wanny than the players. Pettine will have these guys KILLING people.
    - We arguably have one of the most dynamic RB tandems in the league. CJ is a TD threat every time he touches the ball and Fred Jackson is no slouch.
    - We need a WR opposite SJ. We don't need 3 more WRs because we're not running Gailey's 5 WR sets. Another TE via the draft is a good choice.
    - Aaron Williams might be a ****ty CB but I think he can be a **** good safety.
    - Ron Brooks, Ron Brooks & Ron Brooks. My sleeper of the year.

If one of the top 2 CB's isn't there then draft the best lineman, preferably a tackle and run, run, run the ball. When they're done running the ball, run it some more. this team has a core that's capable of becoming one of the best running OL/RB combinations in the league.

All that said, what they do in free agency is going to dictate what they do in the draft. Lets not just assume that there's no talent on this team because Gailey and Wanny had bad schemes.

If lane johnson, joeckel, or fischer are there then take them. Losing levitre will really hurt us if we are to be a run first team and are thinking about a young qb in the 2nd.

why would you want a five dollar foot-long when you could have a zero dollar six inch?

If for some odd reason Joeckel or Fisher slip to us I would not be against it, you can never have too many good OL. Of course if Geno Smith and Fisher there I'm going QB but that's just me.
    2014 Buffalo Bills Mock Draft:
    RD.1-RT Taylor Lewan- Michigan
    RD.2- TE Troy Niklas- Notre Dame
    RD.3-DE Scott Crichton- Oregon State
    RD.4- RB Lache Seastrunk- Baylor
    RD.5-CB Ross Cockrell- Duke
    RD.7- P Cody Webster- Purdue

2014 free agent signings:
    ILB Brandon Spikes- NE, CB Corey Graham- BAL, LB Keith Rivers- NYG, RB Anthony Dixon- 49ers

I'd prefer an OLB myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to taking one of the top OTs.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

I have been thinking about this lately, and I say yes, remember we are talking about an immediate impact starter, not just the sexy pick

Quote Originally Posted by MarshawnLynch#23 View Post
    Haha! She mad. They ran out of Birthday cake. She be hating.
    Did you see her catch a ****ING CHAIR, my god shes a beast
    Tune into the Sports Monarchy on 91.3 FM WBNY every Monday from 1-2PM for fresh local Bills/Sports talk!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggTX View Post
    Let's just say that both Joeckel and Warmack are there at 8 and Levitre is not resigned. Now assume that the top 4 or 5 LB's are all gone as well as Milliner and Patterson. You could certainly argue that Joeckel or Warmack was the best talent on the board. Would you go strictly BPA and take Joeckel and maybe move Glenn to LG or take Warmack to replace Levitre? Either that or start Rinehart, Wood and Urbik inside with Joeckel at LT and Glenn at RT.

Could you do it or would need sway you? Do you not think these guys are top 8?
    I would prefer it actually. Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher (more likely Johnson) could be there. We could have two All Pros w/ one pick. New LT as one all pro and Glenn to RT as the other.
    2014 draft:

1) J. Matthews / T. Lewan (OT)
    2) ASJ / Troy Niklas (TE)
    3) C. Latimer/D. Moncreif/Jordan Matthews (WR)
    4) E.J. Gaines (CB)
    5) B. Thomas (G/T)
    7) Punter

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDobler View Post
    I would prefer it actually. Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher (more likely Johnson) could be there. We could have two All Pros w/ one pick. New LT as one all pro and Glenn to RT as the other.
    Yep, nothing better for a young QB than a good OL...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd89 View Post
    Yep, nothing better for a young QB than a good OL...
    Fact. We need to run behind Glenn and Urbik too. Helps that young QB too.
    2014 draft:

1) J. Matthews / T. Lewan (OT)
    2) ASJ / Troy Niklas (TE)
    3) C. Latimer/D. Moncreif/Jordan Matthews (WR)
    4) E.J. Gaines (CB)
    5) B. Thomas (G/T)
    7) Punter

There is a good chance Warmack ends up being the Bills pick. Does not look like we are going to keep Levitre.

Even if we sign Levitre, if Fisher is there take him. He is #1 overall prospect on my board. Fisher-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Glenn is just frightening

Quote Originally Posted by BillsandFlames View Post
    There is a good chance Warmack ends up being the Bills pick. Does not look like we are going to keep Levitre.
    We have 28 mil, he is coming back. Warmack a completely differant player. He is a road grader not a pulling guard. We already have that in Urbik. If we were gonna replace Levitre with a pick it be Cooper from UNC, or Long (Oregon), or Pugh (Syracuse)

I would not be happy about it but I would understand it only if it was Joeckel or Fisher not Johnson. Charles Davis has us taking Chance Warmack. Now that would make me mad especially if we let Levitre go. Then we did nothing but swap out guards for someone younger and cheaper. A move like that does not make us better.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Our O-line is fine! If we went OL at #8 when there are more important positions to worry about like QB, WR, LB. I will literally set fire on One Bills Drive

OL may be the best value at #8. Fisher, Joeckel, Warmack, Johnson, and Cooper could all be top 10 picks. The Bills may be in need of a LG if Levitre walks. They may also be better served drafting a LT prospect and moving Glenn to RT.

If the top four linebackers are gone, along with Milliner and Patterson, that means either Barkley or Geno Smith is available at #8, and probably both, since it's likely a defensive tackle will have been drafted. The choice for me at that point would be picking a QB or trading down. I just wouldn't draft an offensive lineman there. Not and option.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Joeckel won't be there unless the seven teams ahead of us fall asleep at the wheel

If Levitre is not resigned I would take Chance Warmack if I had to take an OL.
    That guy is BPA at that spot and will be a force for years to come in the NFL.
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.