I think there are some things that most fans are overlooking in regards to this football team. A lot of Bills fans seem to forget that the Jet's rode a Ryan/Pettine defense to the AFC championship game just 3 years ago. They did it with less offensive talent than the Bills currently have. I'll number this out to try and keep my position cogent:
- There is no way you're going to convince me that Sanchez in any better than Fitzpatrick.
- There is a bunch of talent on this defense. Yes there are some holes but their failure last year rests more on Wanny than the players. Pettine will have these guys KILLING people.
- We arguably have one of the most dynamic RB tandems in the league. CJ is a TD threat every time he touches the ball and Fred Jackson is no slouch.
- We need a WR opposite SJ. We don't need 3 more WRs because we're not running Gailey's 5 WR sets. Another TE via the draft is a good choice.
- Aaron Williams might be a ****ty CB but I think he can be a **** good safety.
- Ron Brooks, Ron Brooks & Ron Brooks. My sleeper of the year.
If one of the top 2 CB's isn't there then draft the best lineman, preferably a tackle and run, run, run the ball. When they're done running the ball, run it some more. this team has a core that's capable of becoming one of the best running OL/RB combinations in the league.
All that said, what they do in free agency is going to dictate what they do in the draft. Lets not just assume that there's no talent on this team because Gailey and Wanny had bad schemes.