Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Te’o surprised he didn’t run 4.6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,660

    Default Te’o surprised he didn’t run 4.6

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o was a polarizing figure at the NFL Combine, but he was not satisfied with his workout on the field Monday, particularly his 40 time. “I was running near a 4.6, a 4.5,”*Te’o told NFL Network*after clocking a 4.82.*”It was just a long, long day. I am just going to go [...]

    Click here to read the latest blog entry...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    THE Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    29,359

    Default

    Don't run the time you told people you could run...Make an excuse.

    Sounds about right.
    Football.


    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indicud
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Don't run the time you told people you could run...Make an excuse.

    Sounds about right.
    Not such the choir boy everyone thought he was...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    9,195

    Default

    I'm sure he doesn't think it will affect his draft stock (You know, because of the whole "dumb" thing).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E. Idaho
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    This guy sure is surprised a lot.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    Wait I give him Props. A 4.82 is really good when he is giving his GF a piggy back ride.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPTBobby2 View Post
    Wait I give him Props. A 4.82 is really good when he is giving his GF a piggy back ride.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22,319

    Default

    His imaginary 40 time was insane though.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

    your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    It was a long day for everyone else as well so...next excuse?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    19,418

    Default

    he must of had his girlfriend on his shoulders

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adkbillsfan View Post
    It was a long day for everyone else as well so...next excuse?
    Not to undercut your point, but why don't they run the 40's early in the day.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    At least someone was...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    LaLaLand
    Posts
    10,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Not such the choir boy everyone thought he was...
    .....he's a mess and I wouldn't even touch him in the 1st round.....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech


    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    .....he's a mess and I wouldn't even touch him in the 1st round.....
    I think he is lucky to be drafted late 2 or even 3 at this point.

    Consider it from a coaching standpoint. You always have to worry about other players getting in his head about the fake GF. He seems effected by the whole thing. He makes excuses, etc...

    I would not want him on our team. We have enough reasons on our own to wonder why our luck is so bad. Adding a guy who invents new ones is even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

    your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    21,156

    Default

    How can he be surprised? He not only watched the Alabama game, he played in it. I think that game lost him more money than the whole fake girlfriend thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnerjk View Post
    Why are you that mad about a jersey tucking?
    “As hard as it is for me to actually say this, I have to say that I am a fan of The Ohio State University,” Tim Tebow
    "Those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God." John Locke

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    THE Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    29,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post
    I think he is lucky to be drafted late 2 or even 3 at this point.

    Consider it from a coaching standpoint. You always have to worry about other players getting in his head about the fake GF. He seems effected by the whole thing. He makes excuses, etc...

    I would not want him on our team. We have enough reasons on our own to wonder why our luck is so bad. Adding a guy who invents new ones is even worse.
    This is what bothers me the most. He doesn't seem to take accountibility for his own actions. It's always somebody elses fault.

    I'm on his side when it comes to the fake girlfriend fiasco, but I'm not on his side when it comes to his pretty underwhelming combine and the resulting excuses.

    Man up!
    Football.


    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in my house ..where else would i be
    Posts
    16,774

    Default

    he is slower then poz poz ran like a 4.7 as i said before he is not the kind of LBer you build a D round. he is a complimentary player to a guy like willis or mayo. beside a elite LB like that he would be good but the bills dont have a willis or mayo
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    ....and I'm suprised he fell for that hoax, but hey....
    Brighter days ahead
    New Era Begins- 9/8/13
    RIP Ralph
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill-Ron Brooks

    1- Jake Matthews
    2- Troy Niklas
    3- Jackson Jeffcoat
    4- Shayne Skov
    5- Kelcy Quarles
    6- TRADE
    7- John Urschel

    We are loud and proud.
    We are loyal and compassionate.
    We fight each other in good times and hug each other when times are tough.
    We don’t care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    We will never shut up, give up, or let up.
    We will persevere.
    We ARE True Grit.
    #BillsMafia

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Posts
    25,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post
    I think he is lucky to be drafted late 2 or even 3 at this point.

    Consider it from a coaching standpoint. You always have to worry about other players getting in his head about the fake GF. He seems effected by the whole thing. He makes excuses, etc...

    I would not want him on our team. We have enough reasons on our own to wonder why our luck is so bad. Adding a guy who invents new ones is even worse.

    IMHO, you are absolutely kidding yourself. He'll still go late 1st probably. May possible make early second, but it would be very unlikely for him to make the mid-second.

    People don't go up or down all that much from the physical part of the combine. He was slower than people may have thought, but he was never going to be a fast guy over 40 yards. And there's nothing wrong with being unhappy with your time. If he does better at his pro day, fine. If not, he's a 4.82 guy who has fantastic instincts and gets an earlier start than most guys.

    He'll be fine.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    This is what bothers me the most. He doesn't seem to take accountibility for his own actions. It's always somebody elses fault.

    I'm on his side when it comes to the fake girlfriend fiasco, but I'm not on his side when it comes to his pretty underwhelming combine and the resulting excuses.

    Man up!
    It's it also true that his teammates said he was a complete phoney?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •