Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Many mocks have Bills taking Geno at 8

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Listen, I don't want to argue anymore. It's getting old. I have my opinions, and you have yours. Let's just leave it at that...
    Fair enough.

    Just saying it's early. Guys will rise and guys will fall. That's all I'm saying.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAS22 View Post
    all's I can do is laugh at you guys who truley think the Bill's will draft a QB in the 1st. Im not saying gino or any of the other Qb's don't end up becoming elite but none will come in and start on day 1. The only way any of them start is on a complete rebuild team. Buffalo isn't one of those teams, Buffalo has to draft a guy at 8 that starts and makes a impact right out of the gate, anything else will be a failure not only in my eyes but the front office's eye's. All so called experts are saying none are 1st round talent yet this board differ's, and you wonder why so many of us older posters do not post that much anymore.
    if this is the last draft of buddy's career he might start thinking about his legacy. I think he'll be tempted to gamble on a qb and have people pat him on the back the rest of his life for being the guy who drafted tom brady 2.0, instead of leaving on a low-note

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Fair enough.

    Just saying it's early. Guys will rise and guys will fall. That's all I'm saying.
    Just wondering what your opinion will be if Barkley absolutely lights it up at his pro day and scouts and GM's are drooling all over the chances at taking him in the top ten? Will you still think he is "mediocre"? Just asking...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonardsix View Post
    if this is the last draft of buddy's career he might start thinking about his legacy. I think he'll be tempted to gamble on a qb and have people pat him on the back the rest of his life for being the guy who drafted tom brady 2.0, instead of leaving on a low-note
    The thing that really makes me think Buddy gambles at 8 is that he has nothing to lose. If he hits it, he's a hero. If he misses, he won't be around to take the blame. I just hope they get the right guy.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Just wondering what your opinion will be if Barkley absolutely lights it up at his pro day and scouts and GM's are drooling all over the chances at taking him in the top ten? Will you still think he is "mediocre"? Just asking...
    If he lights it up and shows considerably better arm strength than what's on tape that's fantastic because he's not expected to.

    He's a guy with a mediocre to below average arm who relies on his intangibles and Junior tape for his entire draft stock. Look at everything else and he should probably be a 4th-5th rounder because the arm, mobility and overall athleticism aren't there.

    With all of that said, I still don't buy that Pro Days are all that important. All the throws are scripted and he will have practiced them hundreds of times before he performs. I just don't put a lot of emphasis on pro days because you never ever hear of a QB having a bad one. They're designed to highlight what he does well in a pair of shorts which doesn't translate at all to a real NFL game.

    I believe private workouts with individual teams are more important because they're not scripted.

    However, if scouts walk away and the consensus is, "Wow! He's got a canon and I'm shocked he displayed that caliber of arm strength and accuracy!", then I'll be impressed. However, if the opinion is that he did well and made all the throws that were scripted, I'm going to stick with what's on tape.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    21,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Fair enough.

    Just saying it's early. Guys will rise and guys will fall. That's all I'm saying.
    Two months away and we have people throwing the towel in on debating with you.. I find it too much fun lol
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Two months away and we have people throwing the towel in on debating with you.. I find it too much fun lol
    I have no problem debating with you guys but it gets pretty frustrating that you simply won't acknowledge what a lot of analysts, scouts and former GMs are saying about the QBs.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    5,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Fitzpatrick nor TJax will get us any farther than any of the QBs in this draft or available anywhere else. Bills are somewhat rebuilding and the QB spot is completely empty. Whomever comes in, Geno, Alex, Matt or the water boy, they will have a legitimate shot at starting for the Bills come opening day. It IS that BAD in Buffalo at the QB position.
    and if geno, barkley or any other cant beat out fitz or TJ and you passed on a sure fire starting linebacker you just set the team back another 3 years. I know the QB position is that bad but have to replace what you got with something better.You truley cant say that any of this years crop Of QB's are better than Fitz or TJ are you? Now LUck or RG111 or CAM ok, you new they were coming out, I cant see none of these guys are. duz that make sense?
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    No they won't...
    If they are then you'll leave the board ??? For good......

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    5,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonardsix View Post
    if this is the last draft of buddy's career he might start thinking about his legacy. I think he'll be tempted to gamble on a qb and have people pat him on the back the rest of his life for being the guy who drafted tom brady 2.0, instead of leaving on a low-note
    I disagree, Buddy is gonna take a player that makes this team better with out any doubts in his mind. I dont think he is gonna gamble because of what people will think about him down the road, I would consider him a terrible GM if he thought that way. He will do the right thing and will not make the picks by himself I assure you.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    21,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I have no problem debating with you guys but it gets pretty frustrating that you simply won't acknowledge what a lot of analysts, scouts and former GMs are saying about the QBs.
    Not ignoring it or failing to acknowledge it. Moreover it is making my own opinion. The same way a lot of people early in the process thought Star was better than Floyd and not Star is rated as the third best DT by some.

    You can not take their word as gospel I disagree with a lot of their views because I tend to go with my own eye evaluation. I humbly admit I have been wrong a lot but I also have been right. Whats wrong with that.

    I like Barkley because of what I have seen from the kid the past four years. As did most of those people you listen to up until this past season.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Not ignoring it or failing to acknowledge it. Moreover it is making my own opinion. The same way a lot of people early in the process thought Star was better than Floyd and not Star is rated as the third best DT by some.

    You can not take their word as gospel I disagree with a lot of their views because I tend to go with my own eye evaluation. I humbly admit I have been wrong a lot but I also have been right. Whats wrong with that.

    I like Barkley because of what I have seen from the kid the past four years. As did most of those people you listen to up until this past season.
    A lot of analysts don't know what they're talking about. Or at least, they're evaluations of players during the college football season are often way off base.

    Generally speaking, during January and February players move drastically up and down their boards and the analysts pass this off as players rising and falling due to a bunch of BS reasons. Reality is that at that point the analysts have actually turned into reporters. They go to the Senior Bowl and then the combine and at these events they get the opportunity to talk to real scouts, GMs and coaches and it's in these conversations they start to get wind of where guys should actually be picked.

    Then they get on a camera and talk about how Player X had a better than expected 'fill in the blank' and they tell you that player is rising as if it's their own analysis that led to that conclusion.

    That's why I value the info that's coming out now. The analysts have had plenty of opportunity to dig up where players should actually be ranked and accordingly their big boards look a lot different now than they did in early January when the season first ended. The stuff their hearing and passing off as their own evaluation is probably what NFL teams actually think about the players which is why I'm so down on the QBs.

    There isn't any positive news coming out on any of the 'top' QBs, and instead of guys rising, all we're hearing is how many red flags they all have. That tells me that the NFL never thought very highly of these prospects (which is backed up by a variety of former GMs who have said no QB belongs in the top 10) and the analysts are adjusting their boards so as to not look stupid.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Well Chiefs out of the way.

    Only Oak, Arizona, Cleve

    with the potential jets trade up to worry about

    To be the man you gotta beat the man...

    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Cyril Richardson

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    If they are then you'll leave the board ??? For good......
    The same thing can be asked of you if (more like when) Fitz is released...

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wild View Post
    Well Chiefs out of the way.

    Only Oak, Arizona, Cleve

    with the potential jets trade up to worry about
    I don't think any of those teams take a QB.

    Accordingly I don't see where any of the QBs are going to land in the 1st round. If we pass, I don't see any logical landing spots aside from the Jets.

    Any QB who gets past the Jets is going free fall in the draft.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,767

    Default

    What we really need to be doing is not getting our hopes up for Geno Smith at 8th overall. Not gonna happen. He will be long gone.

    And he's the ONLY QB I would take at 8th overall.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by braddavery View Post
    What we really need to be doing is not getting our hopes up for Geno Smith at 8th overall. Not gonna happen. He will be long gone.

    And he's the ONLY QB I would take at 8th overall.
    Nix needs to move up to get Smith, but he won't.Arizona will take him ahead of us.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Nix needs to move up to get Smith, but he won't.Arizona will take him ahead of us.
    That would be a colossal disaster for the Cards.

    Any QB asked to play behind that offensive line has no hope of being successful.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Ft. Myers, Fl
    Posts
    22,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Nix needs to move up to get Smith, but he won't.Arizona will take him ahead of us.
    the Bills can't afford to move up, in any round, that costs picks and the Bills have only 6 and need every one of them

    ​A True American Hero




    "If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"


    "living is easy with eyes closed"

    ​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"


  20. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I don't think any of those teams take a QB.

    Accordingly I don't see where any of the QBs are going to land in the 1st round. If we pass, I don't see any logical landing spots aside from the Jets.
    I agree with this.
    A couple of them may hop on it early in the 2nd, including the Jets which draft before us in the 2nd.

    We may end up getting lucky, two years in a row.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •