Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Smith trade removes QB suitor for Bills

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,885

    Default Smith trade removes QB suitor for Bills

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    The Bills have made no secret they’re in the market for a quarterback prospect in this year’s draft. In the wake of San Francisco’s trade of Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs Wednesday, a quarterback suitor situated ahead of the Bills in the draft has been effectively eliminated. Now with Alex Smith as their [...]

    Click here to read the latest blog entry...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Brown View Post
    The Bills have made no secret they’re in the market for a quarterback prospect in this year’s draft. In the wake of San Francisco’s trade of Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs Wednesday, a quarterback suitor situated ahead of the Bills in the draft has been effectively eliminated. Now with Alex Smith as their [...]

    Click here to read the latest blog entry...
    Reports like this exist for a reason. Chris Brown works for the Bills and has inside info on where the Bills are looking. He is priming this fanbase for a qb in the first round IMO. Much like he did the last couple years in talking about defensive players all the time...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Az will not take a QB at #7. Can't play rookie behind that O Line. They already tried that. Kolb will be the guy next year.
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RustySabre View Post
    Az will not take a QB at #7. Can't play rookie behind that O Line. They already tried that. Kolb will be the guy next year.
    I'm more worried about the Cleveland Browns at this point, Weeden did not do himself any favors having such a bad 2nd half of the season and being 30 years old already.
    2014 ADOPT-A-BILL-------> #50 LB KIKO ALONZO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    An hour North of Seattle
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    Cleveland might want to upgrade from Weeden.

    Arizona should be looking at one of the OT's, 3 of which are top 10 quality

    The odds of Geno falling to the Bills has increased, and at #8 that would be a good spot to pick him. Nobody should be complaining in that scenario, but a few will.
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

    Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Alex Smith is better than any QB coming out of the draft.. Why didn't we go after him
    General Manager of the New Jersey Mobsters!!

    2014 Adopt a Bill: DL Marcell Dareus #99


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Reports like this exist for a reason. Chris Brown works for the Bills and has inside info on where the Bills are looking. He is priming this fanbase for a qb in the first round IMO. Much like he did the last couple years in talking about defensive players all the time...
    Or he is trying to fool other teams into thinking that what our plan is. I rarely believe anything I hear from the combine to the draft about players.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Reports like this exist for a reason. Chris Brown works for the Bills and has inside info on where the Bills are looking. He is priming this fanbase for a qb in the first round IMO. Much like he did the last couple years in talking about defensive players all the time...
    Or maybe he is just trying to throw the other 31 teams off the ever-growing scent of the much coveted Long Snapper that the Bills are targeting at #8! Did you ever think of that ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windsorpg View Post
    Alex Smith is better than any QB coming out of the draft.. Why didn't we go after him
    You don't know that and to be honest with you i personally think that andy reid did not want to hitch his wagon to a rookie qb especially with the #1 pick. He needs to win now and knows the smart thing to do is to take a sure stud OT and not take the high risk high reward qb...but i dont think this means KC even thinks that alex is better than this draft class i just think andy knows what he is getting with alex.


    A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhanley2020 View Post
    You don't know that and to be honest with you i personally think that andy reid did not want to hitch his wagon to a rookie qb especially with the #1 pick. He needs to win now and knows the smart thing to do is to take a sure stud OT and not take the high risk high reward qb...but i dont think this means KC even thinks that alex is better than this draft class i just think andy knows what he is getting with alex.
    Kind of makes you wonder if Reid is not putting himself in the exact same position he had ended up with the Eagles when they took Vick, who was a veteran with some promise, before the whole thing went wrong.

  11. #11

    Default

    Really hoping Geno Smith is off the board by 8 so this becomes a non-issue. I'm just not impressed. I'd rather grab whichever one of Dysert or Manuel that makes it to the 2nd. Both have more raw ability than Smith and a higher ceiling, in my opinion. Smith has more polish for now, but it wouldn't take long for the other two to close the gap or pass him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Harbaugh proved that you can win with Alex Smith. Cracks me up how people were so down on him. He has several coaches, most terrible and when a truly good coach got in there, Smith played very, very well.
    EJ Manuel is the answer...

    (until he no longer is the answer)

  13. #13

    Default

    Still leaves Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland and the Cardinals who could take any of the quarterbacks. If I'm Buddy, if Jacksonville and Oakland pass on a quarterback, I trade up with the Eagles and take Barkley or Smith. Because if we don't then someone else will. You could basically get that trade done with our 4th and 5th picks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Brown View Post
    The Bills have made no secret they’re in the market for a quarterback prospect in this year’s draft. In the wake of San Francisco’s trade of Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs Wednesday, a quarterback suitor situated ahead of the Bills in the draft has been effectively eliminated. Now with Alex Smith as their [...]

    Click here to read the latest blog entry...
    Is this guy THE Chris Brown? Just curious.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    LaLaLand
    Posts
    11,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spillz28 View Post
    Is this guy THE Chris Brown? Just curious.
    ....even Rihanna says we're going qb......
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,508

    Default

    No it doesn't....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SW Michigan.
    Posts
    187

    Default

    I agree Ripper, would love to grab one of those two in a later round...and I believe they will both be available after the 2nd. A couple sleepers IMO.
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Tony Moeaki


    Let's go!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Smith trade removes QB option for Bills.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,828

    Default

    Well. I think ALL the QB's in this draft are FAIL so I dont want ANY of them...And I cant think of one that will be better than Smith is(and yes i mean ever not just first year)
    Banned more than once!...see im good now!

    Reason: Bypassing Language Filter
    09-16-2009 12:53 AM Expired

    Reason: Personal Insult of Bills Player/Management
    09-16-2009 12:53 AM 03-10-2011 04:45 AM

    Reason: Personal Insult of Bills Player/Management
    09-16-2009 12:52 AM 12-10-2010 03:45 AM

    Reason: Personal Insult of Bills Player/Management
    09-16-2009 12:51 AM Expired

    Reason: Personal Insult of Bills Player/Management
    -------

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    9,653

    Default

    Greatest news of the day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •