Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Cards interested in Cassel?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    If Arizona is interested in Cassel, I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't entertain the thought of trading for Fitz. Fitz is so much better than Cassel, it's not funny. He's also from there, so it might jump start his career. Make it an NBA type deal where we send Fitz and our #4 to Arizona for their #7.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UTBILLSFAN22 View Post
    If Arizona is interested in Cassel, I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't entertain the thought of trading for Fitz. Fitz is so much better than Cassel, it's not funny. He's also from there, so it might jump start his career. Make it an NBA type deal where we send Fitz and our #4 to Arizona for their #7.
    We pick 8th. Are you saying trade our 4th round pick and Fitz to move up one draft slot?
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWorldOfPain View Post
    We pick 8th. Are you saying trade our 4th round pick and Fitz to move up one draft slot?
    No, I'm saying our 4th ROUND PICK and Fitz for their 7th ROUND PICK. Nba teams do this all the time. They'll trade a bad contract and a 1st rounder for another teams 2nd rounder. They're basically paying another team to take the contract.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UTBILLSFAN22 View Post
    No, I'm saying our 4th ROUND PICK and Fitz for their 7th ROUND PICK. Nba teams do this all the time. They'll trade a bad contract and a 1st rounder for another teams 2nd rounder. They're basically paying another team to take the contract.
    Got you. It's actually not a bad idea considering it would save us 10 million dollars against the cap. The Cardinals would be pretty desperate to make that move. I'd hate to lose a 4th rounder though. We could also restructure his contract and then trade him without having to give up a 4th.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Still think the Cards get a qb in FA. However, if they don't, look for them to make a huge push for Glennon in the second. Glennon best fits what Arians wants to do in Arizona. Just like Barkley is the best fit for Marrone's offense...
    Says who? You? LOL! The Barkley apologists making **** up is getting out of control. Almost as bad as the Fitz lovers.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1 View Post
    Bills are interested in Cassel as well, CB. Get your facts straight.
    Dear lord I hope not.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!




    Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billsfan7834 View Post
    Says who? You? LOL! The Barkley apologists making **** up is getting out of control. Almost as bad as the Fitz lovers.
    Ask anyone that knows anything (apparently not you), and they will tell you that Barkley fits Marrone's system to a tee...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,351

    Default

    Can't believe AZ would be interested in Cassell. I hope they are, if they trade for him just seems improbable that they would spend first pick on a QB as well. Plus they have a lot of money tied up in Kolb to begin with. I could still see Geno gone by 8 though to Jags or Raiders. If both are gone then just think of the talented Defensive players that would be falling to us at 8.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.


    Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Arizona taking Cassel means Gino Smith or Barkley will fall right into our lap. If Nix passes on both he should be fired.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, NY
    Posts
    7,123

    Default

    I would love for Arizona to set their sights on Cassel. That would mainly leave Oakland as a team that could draft a QB ahead of Buffalo, and they would have to decide there is a QB (Geno Smith?) that is not too much of a reach to take at #3.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I would love for Arizona to set their sights on Cassel. That would mainly leave Oakland as a team that could draft a QB ahead of Buffalo, and they would have to decide there is a QB (Geno Smith?) that is not too much of a reach to take at #3.
    I know that Cassel will be out there, but there are a few others for them to consider as well. Matt Moore and Jason Campbell in FA. Also, there have been rumors that teams will be looking to trade quarterbacks. Guys like Ryan Mallett, Matt Flynn, and Nick Foles could be on the move. I expect at least one qb needy team, maybe two, to get one of these guys before the draft...

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWorldOfPain View Post
    Got you. It's actually not a bad idea considering it would save us 10 million dollars against the cap. The Cardinals would be pretty desperate to make that move. I'd hate to lose a 4th rounder though. We could also restructure his contract and then trade him without having to give up a 4th.
    I don't know why we'd restructure him, then deal him. The next team might not want to stretch all that money out; that's probably something best left up to them. Additionally, as much of a cap junkie as I am, not sure how much of a hit we take when we trade him. Polian was saying on Sirius something about unamortized signing bonus being an immediate cap hit to the trading team when a deal is made. So, if that's true, under your scenario we could be worse off if a resturcture was a precursor to a deal. Would be great if someone who knows a little more about the cap than I could clarify.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Arizona picking up Cassel is a best case scenario for Buffalo. That's two teams who probably arent likely to grab a QB in the early rounds, allowing a larger pool or talent for buffalo. Every buffalo fan should be hoping for this to happen. Removing KC and AZ from the market leaves just Cleveland and MAYBE Oakland as possibilities to take a top QB.
    Every Buffalo fan should be hoping that they don't take a QB at #8 overall. So if you're suggesting that the Bills will be in a great spot to trade down then I agree with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •