Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Letter to Chris Kelsay...

Default Leadership roles on the defense....

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Chris is a good guy. I hope he has a great retirement!
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    I know these three guys were not favorites of a lot of people. Our defense has lost 4 people this year whose play may have been declining, but they all provided veteran leadership.

George Wilson
    Terrence McGee
    Nick Barnett
    Chris Kelsay

Opinions differ on how valuable they were on the field but in the locker room, there value was huge. Now I am not saying we shouldn't have cut them, but what I am saying is some guys need to step up to fill those leadership roles. My question is, who will step up. Now I know Kyle is a leader and I believe that Bird can be a leader if we resign him, but who else.

So who do think steps up to the plate on the defensive side.
    Hopefully Byrd. Being that this guy was cut err retired, this frees up some decent money to sign a key player and leader.
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!

Not gonna lie, I was hoping he would be replaced this year. Having said that, he was one of the few Bills I never wondered about how much he was caring if we won or lost. I know he always felt the losses and gave his all. I hope he has a nice retirement.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

If Mario williams played with kelsay's heart and desire he would approach bruce smith level.

Thank you

As much as you frustrated me the past few years, good luck in retirement. It was time. Good luck in future endevors, and for all the haters out there questioning best wishes on a hard working guy who blead buffalo bills spirit, trolls keep on trollin.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

"In retirement the 32-year old will return to his native Nebraska with his wife Natalie and three children."

Sounds good. Do good.

Chris thanks for being you!! A solid Buffalo Bill, great role model and a class act all the way!! Wish you the best and happiest!! Also, don't be a stranger!! Take care!!!

Thank you Chris, you were always a pro and played with heart of a lion.
    Something tells me we're on to something good!

Biils fan since 1960 - forever Buffalo Bills

definitely wish him all the best in retirement. he was a classy guy
    Where would you rather be, then right here, right now!

-Marv Levy

Mr. Kelsay -

One thing that makes a fan feel good about his team is having players on the team he can be proud. You were always one of those players. Team player, hard worker, a gentleman (except that time when you hit Brady when he was sitting on the ground, and we certainly won't complain about that!).

Thanks for all you gave to the Bills and their fans, and good luck to you and your family always.

Great stuff DFT and for those with a classy send off. Have to respect the man. Wish there were more guys on this team and around the league, especially the ones with boat loads of talent that had Chris's work ethic and character! Hope for the future.
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Tony Moeaki

Let's go!

Classy post DFT!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Chris,

thank you for your tenure here in buffalo. When other players allowed the scoreboard, the teams record or their mood to dictate their play, you sir always played to the highest level you could. You may never be appreciated in an all pro sense, but you gave Buffalo the best of your abilities despite never being rewarded with as much as a playoff appearance. You will never be credited with taking plays off. I wish you happiness and a truly speedy recovery. Thank you for being a leader on and off the field. You played to your talents and never complained despite playing under 5 different coaching regimes including interim. You are a true Buffalo Bill and this fan thanks you.

DFT
    My sentiments exactly...I dont care what anyone says....Congrats Chris and goodluck to your future

Will always remember that Monday Night Football Pick-6!
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PATRIA MORI

Before there were "Veterans", there were.... Pennsylvanians.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    a class guy all the way, now the BBMB will have to find another whipping boy
    Now posters will have to find another sorry sad player to prop up for no reason.
    The changes have to work. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Chris,

thank you for your tenure here in buffalo. When other players allowed the scoreboard, the teams record or their mood to dictate their play, you sir always played to the highest level you could. You may never be appreciated in an all pro sense, but you gave Buffalo the best of your abilities despite never being rewarded with as much as a playoff appearance. You will never be credited with taking plays off. I wish you happiness and a truly speedy recovery. Thank you for being a leader on and off the field. You played to your talents and never complained despite playing under 5 different coaching regimes including interim. You are a true Buffalo Bill and this fan thanks you.

DFT
    Despite what everyone thinks...I totally agree.

Nice job DFT, agree. Good Luck in retirement.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Good luck in retirement.

Enjoy your retirement & your family.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014-2015 Cyrus Kouandjio

We will not go quietly.