Thread: Given the fact this is a rebuilding year, I like the moves....

Default Given the fact this is a rebuilding year, I like the moves....

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Let's really review what they have or have not done;

1. The team is freeing up cap space to pay younger players and I think to make some strategic, potentially go after some strategic FA's next year if the team is ready;
    2. This is a year to evaluate our up coming FA's;
    3. Byrd could have been the richest S in the league, true, but maybe waiting to see what he does this year was far wiser, we can still tag him and make him the richest safety next year- I think he has to prove still that he is the most dominate S in the game;
    4. A ton of new young players, I like the draft, I think many of us do. Why let old guys, or people who we know are not our future take playing time away from building the youth? Be it Donald Jones or Mark Anderson, we are looking at the new guys;
    5. We need to see what our QB situation is, all things considered, I think they did a good job. What would you have preferred? Geno Smith? Committing long term to Alex Smith? I think we got a solid veteran and the potential long term answer;
    6. If we are close, the Bills maybe keep Levitre, but that boy got seriously paid, I think he is very good, but not best in the game at his position good, not enough of a road grader;
    7. Wait and see if CJ becomes what they think he will, because if he sniff's the Adrian Peterson echelon, with his unique skillset, he will need to be paid.

All in all, this is a new staff, with new ideas and they are making sound decisions. We are rebuilding, let's face it. I hope to see some solid talent develop this year. The staff will be in a far better spot next year to pay the people who prove what they have to our new, younger, hopefully dynamic staff and FO.

Optimism, yes, but I live life with the glass half full.
    EJ Manuel is the answer...

(until he no longer is the answer)

This isn't a rebuilding year
    Ducks fly together!

Nix already built the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    Let's really review what they have or have not done;

1. The team is freeing up cap space to pay younger players and I think to make some strategic, potentially go after some strategic FA's next year if the team is ready;
    2. This is a year to evaluate our up coming FA's;
    3. Byrd could have been the richest S in the league, true, but maybe waiting to see what he does this year was far wiser, we can still tag him and make him the richest safety next year- I think he has to prove still that he is the most dominate S in the game;
    4. A ton of new young players, I like the draft, I think many of us do. Why let old guys, or people who we know are not our future take playing time away from building the youth? Be it Donald Jones or Mark Anderson, we are looking at the new guys;
    5. We need to see what our QB situation is, all things considered, I think they did a good job. What would you have preferred? Geno Smith? Committing long term to Alex Smith? I think we got a solid veteran and the potential long term answer;
    6. If we are close, the Bills maybe keep Levitre, but that boy got seriously paid, I think he is very good, but not best in the game at his position good, not enough of a road grader;
    7. Wait and see if CJ becomes what they think he will, because if he sniff's the Adrian Peterson echelon, with his unique skillset, he will need to be paid.

All in all, this is a new staff, with new ideas and they are making sound decisions. We are rebuilding, let's face it. I hope to see some solid talent develop this year. The staff will be in a far better spot next year to pay the people who prove what they have to our new, younger, hopefully dynamic staff and FO.

Optimism, yes, but I live life with the glass half full.
    It always comes down to the glass half full or half empty.

I always say the glass is twice the size it needs to be..

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    Given the fact this is a rebuilding year, I like the moves....

Fourth year of the rebuild. I wouldn't call it a rebuilding year at this point. For me, more like a year where we have very little shot at the playoffs, something like maybe a year to introduce new schemes. Something like that. Evaluation year? Team-building year? Scheme-learning year? Scheme-change year? System-building year?

Anyway, I like the moves overall too, except not signing Byrd.

But there's no evidence he wants to be the best-paid safety in the game. What's been reported is that he wants to be the best-paid free safety in terms of average salary.
    Last edited by Thurman#1; 07-24-2013 at 11:14 PM.

The Kolb pickup was a good one, and distancing the team from Fitz was for the better.
    Kolb is insurance for EJ, just in case he isnt NFL ready.
    Buddy loved how Cinci instantly improved by drafting AJ Green and Dalton.
    He is doing the same here with EJ and Woods.
    I think the mentality will be to roll with the rookies, and I like it.

This is more of an offensive rebuild, and defensive reboot.
    @JJGauna Sack Artist

Trade Up Rumors Mock 3-29
    1. Jadeveon Clowney DE
    3. Donte Moncrief WR
    4. JaWuan James OT
    5. Aaron Murray QB
    6. Spencer Long OG
    7. James Wilder Jr RB

This is actually a rebuilding year.

We've FINALLY been getting rid of the dead weight...it's insane how Nix kept a lot of those players in 2010 for our "rebuild" with Gailey.

A rebuilding year would be like 2010 where there really was no talent to win any games. I'm shocked they even won 4 games that season and gave the Ravens and Steelers trouble in those games. I have way more confidence in this team especially with a top 5 defensive line on paper, one of the best 1-2 rb tandems, and a proven defensive winning coach in Pettine. Yes this is all optimism but there's more positivity than to think this is a whole rebuilding process like the one when captain check down exited after week 2.

Its nice to have a rebuilding year where they actually rebuild, instead rearrange some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieJizzle22 View Post

We've FINALLY been getting rid of the dead weight...it's insane how Nix kept a lot of those players in 2010 for our "rebuild" with Gailey.

Rebuild in the sense of the fourth year of a rebuild? Sure, maybe. The beginning of a rebuild? Not even slightly close.

I think a change of direction year would be more accurate. The Sabres are in full rebuild mode.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

At some point, it's just got to be a year. Not reshuffling, rebuilding, rejigging or rebooting. It's just a 16 game season. You play badly, you're gone. You play well, you get rewarded. Those accountable for success and failure should fear losing employment if it goes badly and expect rewards for success.

Winning cures a lot of ills.

Quote Originally Posted by AWorldOfPain View Post
    I think a change of direction year would be more accurate. The Sabres are in full rebuild mode.
    This is the best statement I read on this thread and I agree with both sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by brianm1113 View Post
    Yes it is..

Rebuilding or not, who gives a ****? The piddle paddle debate about whether or not this is (yet again) a rebuilding year, does not matter. What matters is the fact that we have seemingly rounded the corner in an attempt to stack the deck in our favor. Now we wait and see who fills what, who gets cut and whether or not the system works. The hardest part of any team is maintaining the success and repeating. The Patriots (God forgive me for saying this) perfected that for quite a few years. Getting the bodies is easy, using them to their potential and keeping the momentum is the hard part. Maybe we have begun doing the "easy" part now, but this is just the beginning. There's a lot more work to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Love those in your life, one day, they will be gone.
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

We've been rebuilding since 99!
    April 4th Mock:
    1) Eric Ebron, TE, UNC/ Kony Ealy, DE, Mizzou/ Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M.
    2) Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia/Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State/Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, UW.
    3) Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford/ Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana.
    4) Anthony Steen, G, Alabama/ C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa.
    5) Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    Rebuilding or not, who gives a ****? The piddle paddle debate about whether or not this is (yet again) a rebuilding year, does not matter. What matters is the fact that we have seemingly rounded the corner in an attempt to stack the deck in our favor.
    Thank you. I agree... I don't see why everyone is arguing over the semantics of "rebuilding". Who cares... The OP means we clearly aren't Superbowl contenders, not to mention we may or may not be playoff contenders (I like to think may, but I can't argue all that much with those who don't). Therefore, the moves that we have made, such as going to youth and picking a QB for the future, are quality moves. Grow now together, so that in a year, or 2, we can make a real push.

Why get so hung up on "rebuild" "redirection" "reload" blah blah blah...
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by brianm1113 View Post
    Yes! How many re-building years can you have when the team always has a losing record????

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieJizzle22 View Post

This how it should have been-esp. drafting the QB part. Nix's "rebuild" was more of the same.This last draft, which I believe had little input from Nix, could have us on the right track finally. But the Byrd situation makes me wonder.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom