Thread: Sirius Radio: NFL Channel

Default Sirius Radio: NFL Channel

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Does anyone listen to the NFL Channel on sirius radio?

I just bought a new car and got a free subscription.. Not a huge fan of it anyways.. But I had to take a 5 hour round-trip drive today and I finally decided to listen to it. Found the NFL Channel and they had a 2 minute "final drill" segment where they broke down the top news from the league.

Of course. EJ Manuel was talked about a good bit with a brief audio of Coach Marrone saying he will be the starter as he has been progressing well ahead of schedule. Then they broke off to key injuries for the weekend games.

Apparently, Safety JarYS BELL is DOUBTFUL this week. I immediately changed it back to FM radio as name of Safety of that caliber should not be butchered.

But really, what kind of guys are they paying to be on this station??

Sorry for the rant, but that was just ridiculous.

Does your new car happen to be a '14 Dodge Viper?

Its the NFL version of "The View".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Rest in Peace Dad, June 3, 1940 - January 18, 2013 Semper Fi Marine
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

I actually listen to it quite a bit. Favorite show is Movin the Chains w/ Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan -best football show on the radio- any radio IMHO. Runs 3pm-7pm EST. Real football dudes talking shop, Xs and Os, no drama. If it doesn't happen on the field, or some kind of personnel move, then they typically aren't talkin about it. Rich Gannon is pretty good mid-days. The morning show isn't bad with Bob Papa and Ross Tucker(played for the Bills once); Ross is kinda arrogant though, for no good reason.

Sometimes in the evening after Movin the Chains they cut to the NFL TV network feed, and that's typically when you hear the "sensationalism".
    - Wiskibreth

The only show on NFL radio that is worth anything is moving the chains from 1500-1900 EST.

Granted they might pronounce a name wrong here or there, but those guys know football.

Tim Ryan is still the all time sack leader at Southern California and Pat Kirwan wrote a great book called Take Your Eye off the Ball, and was the pro personal director for the Jets in the 90s.

These guys give great insight into what teams do during the offseason and how they handle stuff etc.... They are also pretty good about the draft process and players coming out and are not Mayock, McShay, Kiper repeaters they actually know their stuff.

That being said everyone else is pretty bad.

I used to listen to Ross Tucker from 0600 to 1000 or 0800 depending on the day just because he played for the bills, he is getting better but not Tim or Pat. (moved to Nevada so I miss his show)

Bob Papa, Rich Gannon, and the other guys are just not that good and are very boring.
    Part Time Beat Farmer at Schrute Farmes

Quote Originally Posted by Grundy208 View Post
    Does your new car happen to be a '14 Dodge Viper?
    That's the dream car. Currently work at an automobile manufacturer. Totaled a car and they had a sweet deal where employees get 25% off of vehicles. Couldn't say no.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    The only show on NFL radio that is worth anything is moving the chains from 1500-1900 EST.

Granted they might pronounce a name wrong here or there, but those guys know football.

Tim Ryan is still the all time sack leader at Southern California and Pat Kirwan wrote a great book called Take Your Eye off the Ball, and was the pro personal director for the Jets in the 90s.

These guys give great insight into what teams do during the offseason and how they handle stuff etc.... They are also pretty good about the draft process and players coming out and are not Mayock, McShay, Kiper repeaters they actually know their stuff.
    This. A lot of times when I'm on my way home from work, I'm thankful that I can catch 45 min of their show. They are excellent, and really the guys I listen to and trust their opinions on.

They do have some good other guys too -- Alex Marvez is solid, Bill Polian (when you can catch him) is getting better, Gil Brandt is awesome (if he's on whatever show is on when I'm in the car, I'll listen).
    COMMISSIONER of the BBSFL

2008 BBSFL Wilson Division Champions

2009 BBSFL Wilson Division Champions
    2010 BBSFL Wilson Division Champions

Gil Brandt comes on Fridays I believe with Alex marvez. Great show to listen to. Moving the Chains is pretty good too. It's even better if you like x's and o's.

Also around draft time Sirius radio is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge.Viper14 View Post
    That's the dream car. Currently work at an automobile manufacturer. Totaled a car and they had a sweet deal where employees get 25% off of vehicles. Couldn't say no.
    So you got 25% off of a viper or 25% off of this?

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. - Anton Chekhov

The two minute drill used to be run by NFL Radio and was only NFL News but now it's a Sirius deal with baseball scores and whatever. Don't let that put you off that the 2 minute drill was messed up.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

I listen all day at work. ..I love it.
    They have a dedicated Bills show Wednesdays with Tasker & Kelly