Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carolina is a TOUGH game.

Default Carolina is a TOUGH game.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'll keep this short and will elaborate after work, but they're 3 point favs and if it wasn't for Russell Wilson pulling off a circus act,they win that game. Seattle is MUCH better than NE ,talent wise. They have a coach whose seat is an oven and I'm sure in his mind this is a must win,and I see them bringing everything they got. So I don't know why everyone is expecting us to beat em up? Kind of curious as to why they feel that way..

Edit: Just to add my 2 cents. Its scares me what the did to Lynch and the Seattle running attack. Especially with Spiller looking off last week. They finished last year 5-1 I believe,if we cannot get the running game going it could get ugly for us on offense. They are also facing a lot of criticism for their offensive play calling ,maybe they go into their bag,so we might see a lot of gadget plays,designed Newton runs and way more deep balls to get some confidence and rhythm. I'm still excited and expect to win but its going to be a tough game, I can see us in a crucial position late and hopefully we learn how to close games even though we got a young team

*I understand every week presents a different challenge,I made this because I see an overload of posters blindly bashing Carolina by their reputation in the media,you'd think we were 10 point favorites the way some people are talking
    Last edited by UnBilleviable; 09-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.

They're tough against the run for sure

First thing is, Carolina was at home, and secondly, Seattle may have a ton of talent, but New England coaching and qb play crushes them.

Believe me this is a real tough game but Mike Schula is an awful OC. He is trying to make Newton a pocket qb which absolutely the worst thing for him to do. Seattle didn't test the Panthers secondary at all, we will.

DeAngelo Williams and Greg Olsen worry me more than anyone else on that team. Newton can hurt you with the run or the pass. This is no walk in the park game for sure.
    The defense has a couple play makers but I think it's D-line and LB related. Not sure about their secondary though.
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

They have a NASTY front 7, Secondary is fairly weak. Should be a pretty even matchup honestly, I'm interested in seeing if the D can hold down Cam and Steve Smith and if our offense can get the ball in the air

As talented a team in the NFL. Cam newton can be great or below average. If great Cam shows up, the Bills are in trouble.

They're all tough.

each team presents different problems.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

if we hurt cams ego we should win

Quote Originally Posted by JakeW View Post
    They're all tough.
    Bingo. In the NFL every team is going to have talent. For Buffalo NE has always been a tough game to win. We've beat them like twice in the last 15 years I think. Pitiful. Carolina is probably a solid team. But lets not forget that the Bills are pretty decent too. It should be a good game. 3 point spread isn't too bad. It should be a good game.
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Ron Brooks is going to be a beast! Write that ish down!

If you don't bleed red white and blue then get out of the house cause you're not part of the family.

till the Bills prove to me they can win consistently, then no game is a cupcake for Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by UnBilleviable View Post
    I'll keep this short and will elaborate after work, but they're 3 point favs and if it wasn't for Russell Wilson pulling off a circus act,they win that game on the road. Seattle is MUCH better than NE ,talent wise. They have a coach whose seat is an oven and I'm sure in his mind this is a must win,and I see them bringing everything they got. So I don't know why everyone is expecting us to beat em up? Kind of curious as to why they feel that way..
    First off, Carolina played a HOME game, they weren't on the road in Seattle. That, in and of itself, is significant because historically West Coast teams play like utter crap when they travel to the East Coast for a 1:00pm game. The overwhelming percentage of time they lose.

Second, Dwan Edwards is one of their starting DT's. I find it difficult to believe that he's suddenly turned into Warren Sapp.

Third, their offensive line is a complete and utter dumpster fire.

Fourth, their LB's are good but I'm not sure they can match Buffalo's speed.

Fifth, Beason has a knee injury and is limited in practice.

Sixth, their D-line is NO WHERE near as good as New England'ss. They have no one comparable to Wilfork.

This game will be no tougher than last weeks and we're play a QB that isn't anywhere near as good as Brady. I fully expect Pettine will have Cam Newton talking to himself by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Syracuse View Post
    First off, Carolina played a HOME game, they weren't on the road in Seattle. That, in and of itself, is significant because historically West Coast teams play like utter crap when they travel to the East Coast for a 1:00pm game. The overwhelming percentage of time they lose.

Second, Dwan Edwards is one of their starting DT's. I find it difficult to believe that he's suddenly turned into Warren Sapp.

Sixth, their D-line is NO WHERE near as good as New England'ss. They have no one comparable to Wilfork.

This game will be no tougher than last weeks and we're play a QB that isn't anywhere near as good as Brady. I fully expect Pettine will have Cam Newton talking to himself by halftime.
    Dwan Edwards-another gem of the past regime. Feel better about our chances already.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Syracuse View Post

If they watch the Pats game film they'll see that over the middle is the way to go and that the Bills still have run stopping trouble. That means a healthy dose of Smith, Olsen and Williams all day. Safeties did not really prevent the first down very well and the RBs got yardage when they needed it. Panther possess two things that always seem to kill the Bills....a good RB and a good TE.
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

I don't see the Bills winning Sunday. I just don't. Depleted secondary, struggling rush offense, rookie QB, shaky play calling and a very young team. I think for as we'll as the Bills played Sunday against the Pats, I think you see a pretty big let down from a young Bills team.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see them win but I see us struggling first couple weeks or so.
    Last edited by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills; 09-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustySabre View Post
    If they watch the Pats game film they'll see that over the middle is the way to go and that the Bills still have run stopping trouble. That means a healthy dose of Smith, Olsen and Williams all day. Safeties did not really prevent the first down very well and the RBs got yardage when they needed it. Panther possess two things that always seem to kill the Bills....a good RB and a good TE.
    If you watch the All-22 film you'll also see that Brady was putting the ball into some insanely tight windows. As much as I hate him, he's truly an amazing QB. There are throws he made to Amendola that if the ball is one foot to the right it would either be intercepted or knocked down. Cam Newton is does not have Brady's accuracy and if our secondary plays as well as the did last Sunday they'll have a shot at some picks.

A few of the runs up the middle were Kiko's fault because he was overly agressive and got caught in the wrong gap. Also, Searcy was out with cramps and he's a beast against the run. I'd expect a heavy does of Searcy up in the box this week. I love the potential for our defense in this game.

Carolina is a good defensive team but they're also a mature team that only won one more game than the Bills last season. They've also got the worst OC in the league right now.

We're underdogs at home for a reason; they're a good team.

Every week is hard

I think we win. Newton tends to only play well when nothing is expected out of him, such as his rookie season when nobody expected anything, and the tail end of last season when they were 8 games out of the playoff race.

Seattle also severly outgained Carolina (sound familiar?) and couldn't capitalize on opportunities. Carolina is very much a pretender IMO, and if our D comes to play again I think we take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    This game goes two ways in my opinion:

I don't see the Bills winning Sunday. I just don't. Depleted secondary, struggling rush offense, rookie QB, shaky play calling and a very young team. I think for as we'll as the Bills played Sunday against the Pats, I think you see a pretty big let down from a young Bills team.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see them win but I see us struggling first couple weeks or so.
    Exactly how I feel.