View Poll Results: Would you sign Byrd, or Graham?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign Jairus Byrd

19 24.05%
  • Sign Jimmy Graham

60 75.95%
  • Sign neither of them

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could sign either Jairus Byrd, or Jimmy Graham...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo86 View Post
    ...which one would you choose?

Byrd will be commanding $9mm-10mm/yr. Graham, should he hit the market, could probably be had for around the same amount. The Saints will surely do what they can to re-sign him, but they're in salary cap hell & currently a long way from even being able to afford the franchise tag. Brees & other veterans would likely offer to adjust their contracts in order to bring back Graham. But, what if... what if Payton felt the same way about Graham that Belichick, another Parcells disciple, felt about Welker? That no non-QB is worth the $, and that his QB could produce with anyone? And as for signing with the Bills, our signing of Mario says it's at least possible.

Would Byrd, or Graham make a bigger impact? If you could sign just one of them, which one would it be?
    1) I think Graham's contract will be bigger than Byrd's....in a fairly significant way. If Mike Wallace can get a deal for $12 million per season, you've gotta think that's the floor of what Graham will collect.

2) If there contracts WERE equal, Graham would be the better signing, IMO.

3) Given their likely deals....I don't know. It's probably a push. I guess I'd still lean toward Graham. He would provide a dimension to the offense that the Bills don't have and couldnt easily replicate. He dictates more to the defense than Byrd dictates to the offense. And I think the Bills' offense is the weaker unit and could better use the upgrade.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Byrd. Graham numbers will deteriorate because we don't have a QB to accurately throw him the football

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    I don't vote in these things.

But I comment.

Byrd. They're equally good. But this team is going to be a defensively focused and driven group. Yet another forced fumble the other day from Byrd to remind us he's a game-changer. He knows the defense and will fit, and we know he's a hard worker and a leader.

I like Graham too, a lot, but Byrd. Graham's a sexier choice, but Byrd's the right one, IMHO.
    I agree with this. Also in my thoughts is as of now, we really do not have a QB that can consistently get Graham the ball yet, until we do I am not a big fan of all the TE and WR talent. It was like with Fitz, it did not matter who we got, if you can not get the ball to them accurately they are just wasted talent. Not saying we do not need to upgrade, just saying that better QB play is much more important.
    2013 Give-A-Bill Jarius Byrd
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill Kiko Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by mauricejunior2 View Post
    Byrd. Graham numbers will deteriorate because we don't have a QB to accurately throw him the football
    This exactly. missed this as I was typing my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Graham. EJ can't fill his potential without weapons.
    Yeah maybe he needs to put a scope on that weapon to be a little more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious123 View Post
    Graham in a heartbeat
    Same but both are great players we just have more depth at Safety. If Williams didn't have to go back and forth he would have had a shot at the pro bowl. Leanard and Searcy aren't stars but can make plays. We also have the Rookies. At TE we have a guy who is great when healthy but hasn't been healthy in years, a guy is good if you don't mind drops nearing the double digits, a guy who is basically a small tackle, and a rookie who hasn't done a lot.

Based on Need, Graham would be where you would put the money. But there is zero chance Graham leaves NO, so pay Byrd and call it a day.

The fact that 8 people would rather have a FS over a HOF TE is just mind boggling to me
    2014 Adopt a Bill

70 C Eric Wood

Agree with the last response. Lord this is a NO BRAINER. Graham. No discussion necessary.

Ones a top player at his position currently in the league.
    The other is shaping up to the best player ever at his position.

How is this a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Graham is a great player.

But he greatly benefits from having Brees working in a system with so many threats. He's in a perfect system for him, with a perfect QB.

Up till this year, Byrd has been excellent in a bad defense.

I'd take Byrd, but I understand choosing Graham. But it's not as easy a choice as some here are making it. How would Graham do with EJ instead of Brees throwing him passes. Still very well indeed, I'm sure, but almost certainly not as well as he does with Brees and the Saints.
    Take your rose colored glasses off..

I would imagine Jimmy Graham is going to get Franchise tagged... I'd offer both Spiller and Stevie for him... that'll clear up cap room for his salary alone. Then resign Byrd...
    Prediction = L W L L L L W L L L W L L L W L (4-12)
    Actual = _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Fitz makes the playoffs, EJ doesn't
    Stevie makes the playoffs, Watkins doesn't
    Pettine makes the playoffs, Marrone doesn't
    Byrd makes the playoffs, A. Williams doesn't
    Lynch makes the playoffs, Spiller doesn't
    Whitner makes the playoffs, Searcy doesn't

Give me new Ownership and Management please...

2014 Adopt-a-Bill = Jeff Tuel... WIN ^^^^ will change if he starts...

This is like asking if you'd like to win a lottery or sling hash, ummm........ JG.

LMAO!!!

RFLMAO!!!!!

13 people actually picked the puppet!!!!

Looks like some started hitting the bottle real early for New Years!!!

Oh my gawd I'm dying here!!!!
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

"Potential means you ain't done $&%# yet" - Bill Parcells

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

Adopt a Bill 2014 - #93 Randell Johnson - HOOT!!!!!

Graham unquestionably. We have some decent talent at the safety spots already with Searcy and A Williams, plus we have Meeks and Duke with no clear understanding of their abilities yet. On the other hand, TE is a project. The book it out on Gragg and Moeaki, Chandler is a keeper in my opinion, and Lee Smith doesn't do much for me.
    “Right now, we just lost to the ****ing Buffalo Bills.” - Jets RG Willie Colon, Nov 17, 2013

Voted for Byrd.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Fred Jackson

No way will they remotely be paid the same. Grahams contract will be at least $3-4MM more than Byrds per year. plus graham would rather play for the Saints with a discount than play for the Toronto Bills

We have plenty of DB's making INT's and playing well

We are way more desperate for a TE

However no way NO lets hm walk
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

Quote Originally Posted by FlutieShakes View Post
    No way will they remotely be paid the same. Grahams contract will be at least $3-4MM more than Byrds per year. plus graham would rather play for the Saints with a discount than play for the Toronto Bills

Gronk is the highest paid at $9 million per year - you could make Graham the highest paid at $10 or $11 million per and still get more return for your money than you do throwing $8 million plus at a FS.

BTW - Dallas ($25.1m), Pittsburgh ($10.5m) and New Orleans ($16.7m) are all projected to be the 3 highest over next season's cap. That being said if they release Will Smith (not the actor) they will shave $11.55 million off of their number but that leaves them roughly $5.15 million over. They are going to need to do a lot of restructuring and probably have to release Thomas or Ingram and Harper to get under the cap but even then they still may not have enough - especially if Graham argues he lines up as a receiver more than as a TE to the league.
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

"Potential means you ain't done $&%# yet" - Bill Parcells

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

Adopt a Bill 2014 - #93 Randell Johnson - HOOT!!!!!

Byrd, you keep your own.
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

They could afford both