Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jill Kelly said Jim's Cancer is Spreading!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The 2014 Season should be played with the urgency that not RW but Jim Kelly may not have much time left! He deserves to see this team win and win now! Add in SJ13s and Indy's mom and we have reasons to fight harder than ever as they watch the team in spirit!

AAAaaaaaaahhhh this hurts so darn bad but We Love You Jim!!!

Thanks for the sticky Mods!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Why is this cancer **** still a problem? Im always hearing about breakthroughs in treatment and ****.
    Cancer is really a collection of many different types of malignancies, and each behaves in its own way depending on the cell type, stage (how far the cancer has spread from primary site), and how "cancerous" it looks under the microscope (grade of the cancer). Each type of cancer has it's own preferred pathway of spread; some via lymph node spread, others by direct spread around the original tumor, or even via the bloodstream and/or nerve pathways.

Even the same KINDS of cancer behave differently in different people. Some are caused by environmental exposure (smoking, exposure to chemical toxins, etc), others are genetically based.

This makes the disease VERY difficult to treat in many cases. We've made tremendous progress with some cancers. When I first became an oncology nurse at Roswell, the overall five year survival rate for all cancers was around 25%. Now it is more than 60%. We've made great strides with certain types of cancer, some not so much. Unfortunately, the type of cancer Jim Kelly has is very difficult to treat, especially when it recurs (squamous cell cancers).

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Coker View Post
    Does anyone know how he got the cancer by any chance?

I know he had throat cancer. Is this related to chewing tobacco?
    It's human nature to ask this question... WHY and HOW does this happen. However, at this point for Jim, the cause of this is irrelevant at this point (only relevant for his children to know their family history).

But to answer your question, the most common causes for squamous cell cancer of the mouth are tobacco use (smoking or chewing), alone or in combination with a lot of alcohol, and/or the presence of a particular virus that can lead to this type of cancer down the road.

Regardless of the cause, this particular type of cancer is a real booger, especially when it recurs.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy

Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by MarioSacksTheNFL View Post
    The 2014 Season should be played with the urgency that not RW but Jim Kelly may not have much time left! He deserves to see this team win and win now! Add in SJ13s and Indy's mom and we have reasons to fight harder than ever as they watch the team in spirit!

AAAaaaaaaahhhh this hurts so darn bad but We Love You Jim!!!

Thanks for the sticky Mods!!!
    No problem.

I'm trying to get a hashtag going on Twitter... #SB4Jimbo. It's about time this team get off their duffs and dedicate THIS season to not just getting to the playoffs, but winning the Super Bowl for Jim and his family.

#SB4Jimbo

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    No problem.

I'm trying to get a hashtag going on Twitter... #SB4Jimbo. It's about time this team get off their duffs and dedicate THIS season to not just getting to the playoffs, but winning the Super Bowl for Jim and his family.

#SB4Jimbo

You got that right wyo and a SB Ring would actually be therapeutic for WNY as a whole! I am impressed with what they are doing which is getting a better LG,RT,OLB,etc. IMHO, they will be a team good enough to win those close games and take the frustration of the organization,fans and players (especially with Kelly's news) and unleash it on opponents. 5-1 in the division and 11-5 or 12-4 should get the job done!
    Players like Fred,SJ13 and others in the play offs means a starving team just got an invitation to a buffet and they will likely play ravenous for a win! Do it for Jim,Stevie's and Indy's Mom and I bet you we STOMP into the play offs! Go Bills!!

Man, not news I wanted to take up to on a Monday morning. Wishing Jim and his family all the best.
    -Aaron Williams for Pro Bowl 2015
    -2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Corey Graham

You're either with us or against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch from the Eastside View Post
    Member, he will beat this and speak to others about the power of faith. Jim Kelly is a soldier and a fighter !

Peace & Love Everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills Talk. com (Check It Out)

" We Are Praying For You Quarterback Superstar Machine Gun Jim Kelly "
    Jim, Keep your head up to the heavens where your strengh lies. We walk by faith not by site, we believe the things unseen. Jim just speak life and healing In Jesus Name & you will be healed. Trust Me On This Jim, God hears all the prayers from others and including yours. But the work that you have done for others around the globe benefits your own healing. God loves you Jim Kelly, please remember that ! " Speak Those Things That Be Not As Thou They Where " We Has Fans Of The Buffalo Bills Along With Fans Of Man Kind Love And Are Praying For Your Future Recovery ! " EASTSIDE LOVES YOU MAN " Keep your head up soldier, God hears you !

Peace & Love Everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

BillsTalk.Com (Come Check Out The Number #1 Fan Blog In The National Football League) Attached Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by Butch from the Eastside View Post
    " We Are Praying For You Quarterback Superstar Machine Gun Jim Kelly "
    Jim, Keep your head up to the heavens where your strengh lies. We walk by faith not by site, we believe the things unseen. Jim just speak life and healing In Jesus Name & you will be healed. Trust Me On This Jim, God hears all the prayers from others and including yours. But the work that you have done for others around the globe benefits your own healing. God loves you Jim Kelly, please remember that ! " Speak Those Things That Be Not As Thou They Where " We Has Fans Of The Buffalo Bills Along With Fans Of Man Kind Love And Are Praying For Your Future Recovery ! " EASTSIDE LOVES YOU MAN " Keep your head up soldier, God hears you !

Peace & Love Everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

BillsTalk.Com (Come Check Out The Number #1 Fan Blog In The National Football League) Attached Thumbnails
    The man is at deaths door and you advertise in his get well thread???

tasteless

2014-2015 Adopt-a-Bill - Frank 'The Tank' Summers

RIP Ralph Wilson Jr.
    Just win it for RW in 2014.

Someone please lift this #Buffalo2014curse .
    JK - cancer
    Ralph - ownership in limbo
    RJ - cancer
    Kiko - season ending injury
    Dareus - many issues
    2 blizzards
    O-line injuries/illnesses

I am literally crying right now. I guess Bruce, Andre and Thurman visiting Jimbo this weekend was an ominous sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bronco View Post
    I am literally crying right now. I guess Bruce, Andre and Thurman visiting Jimbo this weekend was an ominous sign of things to come.
    If you look at the pic I posted on page 4 you can see he isn't looking too good

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Would be nice for him to see the Bill's get a superbowl, but a lot of bills fans and players would've like to seen that.... illness takes no hostages. be well Jimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    If you look at the pic I posted on page 4 you can see he isn't looking too good
    My "trained eyes" can tell a LOT by the pictures I've seen.

Twitter @wyobilzfan

So what are you saying wyo??

Clinically, in the simplest of terms, this disease and the side effect of medications he is on (there are certain meds that people in this situation are put on to control the side effects of the progressing disease)... they are obviously taking their toll.

Treating his pain is going to be a great challenge. With this type of cancer, the pain is often extremely difficult to control as it advances. I remember literally giving people BOATLOADS of morphine to try and control their pain and it was tough. As a nurse, we had to find a balance between too much sedation and adequate pain control. It's a fine line.

Twitter @wyobilzfan

channel 4 is reporting he is in NYC for surgery. god bless you Jim. my thoughts and prayers are with you

Cancer is the worst....always seems to strike really good people too : (

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Coker View Post
    Cancer is the worst....always seems to strike really good people too : (
    you got that right. UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post

Clinically, in the simplest of terms, this disease and the side effect of medications he is on (there are certain meds that people in this situation are put on to control the side effects of the progressing disease)... they are obviously taking their toll.

Treating his pain is going to be a great challenge. With this type of cancer, the pain is often extremely difficult to control as it advances. I remember literally giving people BOATLOADS of morphine to try and control their pain and it was tough. As a nurse, we had to find a balance between too much sedation and adequate pain control. It's a fine line.
    God that's terrible. Poor Jimbo.
    -Aaron Williams for Pro Bowl 2015
    -2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Corey Graham

You're either with us or against us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Why is this cancer **** still a problem? Im always hearing about breakthroughs in treatment and ****.
    One thing I didn't realize until my husband was diagnosed last Feb was that each type of cancer is literally a different thing....that squamous cell is different from lung cancer,breast cancer etc. Its not just like its the same cancer cells that end up in different parts of the body.
    Lung cancer that metastasises to,say,the lived is still lung cancer...not liver cancer...so they're not fighting one disease.... they're fighting a whole bunch of different ones.

And Wyo...your article is wonderful...really thoughtful and well written.I agree you have a gift for writing.... despite what the ADD boys on this board say...and you need to do a book.
    Keep the faith and don't forget to flush .

SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.