Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overtime Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Figster View Post
    Coin toss with Tom Brady on the other end of it becomes a flip to see who wins IMO.

The biggest game of the year needs to end in a fair way...
    how again is that not fair?

your statement implies that the Patriots were easily the better team if giving Brady the ball automatically means game over. The better team winning sounds fair

Quote Originally Posted by RunninRams View Post

your statement implies that the Patriots were easily the better team if giving Brady the ball automatically means game over. The better team winning sounds fair
    It made for a disappointing end - I don't think because the Pats were the better team. But everyone knew how gassed the Falcons defense was at that point. The coin toss decided the game.

Would have been more fun if Atlanta got the ball 1st. I still think the Pats would have prevailed, but it wouldn't have been as automatic. I didn't even really watch the OT once the coin toss was won; it was just a given, because of how tired that D was at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by RunninRams View Post

It wasn't just one high powered O it was two and while I will admit Brady had a better chance of scoring a TD on his 1st possession the tie score after 60 regulation minutes gave indication of evenly matched teams.

Both D's were tired which just adds to the argument the Superbowl was decided by a coin toss in my humble opinion.

Had the Falcons won the game on the 1st possession it would be equally unfair to the Pats.

I just wouldn't be here arguing about it

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    I have no issues. Defense is part of the game. You want the ball stop them.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Success View Post
    It made for a disappointing end - I don't think because the Pats were the better team. But everyone knew how gassed the Falcons defense was at that point. The coin toss decided the game.

Would have been more fun if Atlanta got the ball 1st. I still think the Pats would have prevailed, but it wouldn't have been as automatic. I didn't even really watch the OT once the coin toss was won; it was just a given, because of how tired that D was at that point.
    Disappointed end? That was an epic super bowl. All the Falcons had to do was make a stop or hold them to a FG to give themselves another chance. I get it that most of the viewers wanted the Pats to lose. Nobody outside of Pats nation wanted to see the Pats hoist another trophy and Brady get the MVP because its just vindication that they are a good team lead by the GOAT at QB. It's what makes me enjoy that fact that all the haters think they are cheaters. Goodell mentions the word transparency all the time. Well there you have it..........transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDee View Post
    This.
    I HATE the overtime rules when the team I'm cheering for loses.

I LOVE the overtime rules when the team i'm cheering for wins.